SASS Wire Forum

Heroes ain't supposed to get old.

Alpo

Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold. 1958. Kimo Sabe (1914) is 44 and Tonto (1912) is 46. And they look it.

Lone takes his hat off, and he's balding. Tonto looks drawn and tired.

Was a tad bit disconcerting vto see.

Yeah watched McClintock the other night and the Duke was showing some age but Maureen O’Hare still looked pretty dang nice.:wub:

My wife asked me if I wanted to see “The Mule” with Clint Eastwood a few months back. 

I declined.

She said “I thought you loved Clint Eastwood’s movies.”

I said “I do. I just don’t want to see him as an old guy. He’s not an ‘old guy’ to me.”

I think she understood. She left it at that.

She did go see the movie with one of her co-workers and said it was a good movie. I may see it someday. Maybe.

It’s like all these musicians and bands I grew up listening to. They are old guys now but I think of them as they were, not as they are. The same goes for my favorite movie and TV characters. It’s hard enough to differentiate between the actor and the character they portray sometimes and then you throw aging into the mix it kind of deflates the memories. At least it does for me.

PS: No offense to any “old guys” here. :P:D:lol:

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife asked me if I wanted to see “The Mule” with Clint Eastwood a few months back. 

I declined.

She said “I thought you loved Clint Eastwood’s movies.”

I said “I do. I just don’t want to see him as an old guy. He’s not an ‘old guy’ to me.”

I think she understood. She left it at that.

She did go see the movie with one of her co-workers and said it was a good movie. I may see it someday. Maybe.

It’s like all these musicians and bands I grew up listening to. They are old guys now but I think of them as they were, not as they are. The same goes for my favorite movie and TV characters. It’s hard enough to differentiate between the actor and the character they portray sometimes and then you throw aging into the mix it kind of deflates the memories. At least it does for me.

PS: No offense to any “old guys” here. :P:D:lol:

Clint plays the old guy role pretty good. I enjoyed the movie.

I’m gonna be contrary here!!  Those old rockers, (and some of the country performers too) prove to me that you can go out in style and go out rockin’!!  Keep on keepin’ on ‘til they throw dirt in your face!!

Eastwood’s characters are bad ‘til they’re gone!!

John Wayne’s characters were shoe leather tough ‘til the last!!

Go out swingin’!!  We don’t get old unless we get tough!!  

Survival of the fittest may not be “Politically Correct” these days, but the fittest are STILL most likely to survive!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I just watched the new Kevin Costner movie "The Highwaymen" where he plays Frank Hamer in the 1930's. My gawd he has the same amount of lard around his waist line that I do! Shocking!!

A while back I got a call from Baby Girl asking if I wanted to go see (what's left of) The Who.  I hesitated.  I was afraid it might be sad.  It wasn't sad at all.  Yeah, they get older.  But they ain't dead yet.

Happens to us all unless we die first. Watching others grow is certainly not a joy of aging if there is such. I remember a line from a movie with Ben Johnson awhile back where is said "Know what's the worst part about gettin' old? Gettin' old."

JHC

Archived