SASS Wire Forum

Do I get a procedural?

Lefty Wheeler

Age based traditional shooter. I shoot left pistol left hand and right pistol right hand so this is not a transfer issue.  Shoot right pistol holster it, draw left pistol, fire 4 rounds, cock it and while  swinging to last target I removed my right hand and shot it duelist.  There was no penalty just got to thinking about it.  Can't find any thing that states it's a "P".

Thanks 

For sure no call once the match is over.  Interesting and most excellent  point that a traditional shooter may shoot duelist.  I think you are right 

SHB page 5 

OPEN AGE CATEGORIES Open age categories have no age parameters and carry the following guidelines: - May use any main match revolver. - Revolvers may be shot in any SASS legal shooting style – EXCEPT Gunfighter

SHB page 45 

Two handed shooting style – aka “Traditional,” or shooter holds a single revolver with two hands

No call.

From SHB

Age based categories carry the following guidelines: - May use any main match revolver. - Revolvers may be shot in any SASS legal shooting style – EXCEPT Gunfighter. - May use any SASS legal main match shotgun and any legal main match rifle. - May use any SASS legal ammunition.

2 minutes ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

No. The match is over. No procedural.

There's nothing that says a traditional shooter cannot use one hand...just that a duelist must...

Indeed I can register as a traditional shooter and shoot the whole match duelist style.  As a Black powder shooter, if there are not enough to make a category I have done this to shoot in the frontier cartridge category. 

A cocked revolver may never leave a shooters hand, including from one hand to the other.  This does not apply when loading or reloading on the firing line. SHB pg.15 at  the very top of the page. Cocked revolver leaving a shooters hand is a SDQ. SHB pg. 42 RO Pocket Card.

12 minutes ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

A cocked revolver may never leave a shooters hand, including from one hand to the other.  This does not apply when loading or reloading on the firing line. SHB pg.15 at  the very top of the page. Cocked revolver leaving a shooters hand is a SDQ. SHB pg. 42 RO Pocket Card.

Per the OP, he did not transfer the revolver.  He dropped the supporting hand and continued to fire the revolver with the hand it was originally held in.  It did not leave his hand, therefore, no call.

BS

P, M, SDQ...and banned from shooting Duelist.  :D

no call :)

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 3/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Lefty Wheeler said:

Age based traditional shooter. I shoot left pistol left hand and right pistol right hand so this is not a transfer issue.  Shoot right pistol holster it, draw left pistol, fire 4 rounds, cock it and while  swinging to last target I removed my right hand and shot it duelist.  There was no penalty just got to thinking about it.  Can't find any thing that states it's a "P".

Thanks 

If you need a few I have some laying around the ranch.:D :FlagAm:

2 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

If you need a few I have some laying around the ranch.:D :FlagAm:

I'll Trade LOL

7 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

P, M, SDQ...and banned from shooting Duelist.  :D

no call :)

You will pay for that BB HeHe

I'm going to answer this 7 years from now so you can be sure the statute of limitations has expired on the egregious transgression against the universe you have made. But don't worry...it will still be a no call at that point in the future.

20 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I'm going to answer this 7 years from now so you can be sure the statute of limitations has expired on the egregious transgression against the universe you have made. But don't worry...it will still be a no call at that point in the future.

Archived