SASS Wire Forum

Child gun safety video

Eyesa Horg

As the title suggests, does anyone know of a video that would be good to review gun safety and handling for a young girl. She is 8   years old. Uncle Steve (Eyesa) couldn't resist buying her a Keystone Cricket 22 at the Gun Show yesterday. B4 she gets to the shooting, I'd like to have a video or 2 to go over with her.

EH

Very informative fideo, But.... I taught all my kids to shoot when they were 6 at our shooting pit. Before they reached the age where they could actually shoot, I taught them gun safety as I cleaned my guns. I let them help in the cleaning (not that much help but they were learning) disassmbly and assembly. The fascination of guns wasn't there by the time they actually shoot. I found that teaching gun safety is not just in a video or a book or a class. Its something I taught my kids ever day. Never locked my guns up, and some of them were loaded. never had a problem. I think Eyesa y'all could do a better job than a video that would probably get boring to a youngin. Just my thoughts.

Both her Dad & I will teaching the safety for her, but figured having her watch a video or two couldn't hurt. Thanks guys. OLG--I was aware of the NRA videos as I showed them to her Dad many moons ago and I think they were somewhat effective, although a bit boring for the young feller!

Archived