SASS Wire Forum

2019 Ides of March

Cypress Sun

The Ides are in the book and what a great match it was.

Santa Fee River Stan and Hawkeye Gin were the top guns for the match. Congrats.

The match was a blend of blaze close targets and not so close, smaller (but easily hitable) targets. Great stages with plenty of movement. 

Gotta give a BIG THANKS to Smart * and the whole crew......ya'll did a great job. Stages were a good mix and every one was a "hmm, let me think about this".

Big congrats to my dad, Cypress Sam on a clean match. Hasn't had one for at least this century and quite possibly the one one before that.

In my book, the Spirit of the Game for the match goes to Cheyenne Culpepper, wait 'till ya'll see the video......

Good to see Some A**hole again......been a while......

I'm already looking forward to next year.

it was a fun match,,, good mixture of stages,,, posse 4 ran like a charm,, but then everything did,,, except maybe my mind at times,,,  from shotshells that barely took targets down, to forgetting to load my pistols and rifle and of course shotgun was first,,,

thank you all for a great weekend!!!

Very fun match.  Thanks Smart *, Sunshine Rose, Greta, Purdy Sharp and the rest of the crew for putting on a shoot that’s always a delight.  Nice to see Greta shooting again.

The Ides has become one of the best matches around.  Smart* is doing a great job in continuing the tradition.

Had a great time and shot the best Ides yet! Smart and the crew really pulled it off.

This is my buckle, there are many like it but this one is MINE!

20190317_151637.thumb.jpg.51e0cfbec86f2b247a80a541722d8604.jpg

I really didn't know what to expect this year......I'm glad I put down the barn building tools and picked up my guns this past weekend. The match was very enjoyable and I know everyone on our posse had a ball. 

"Well Done!!!" to all the cowboys and cowgirls that helped put on this match......Another Great One!

Stan

Got to say it was my first ides and one of the first real big matches I have ever shot. Smart*,Greta and the crew did a awesome job I was impressed with how everything worked and flowed.  Was put in a awesome group and got to see some real fast shooters which made me realize how much homework I need to do to keep up. Congratulations to Stan and gin it was amazing to watch you guys shoot.      Bucky

18 hours ago, Mr w said:

Got to say it was my first ides and one of the first real big matches I have ever shot. Smart*,Greta and the crew did a awesome job I was impressed with how everything worked and flowed.  Was put in a awesome group and got to see some real fast shooters which made me realize how much homework I need to do to keep up. Congratulations to Stan and gin it was amazing to watch you guys shoot.      Bucky

Enjoyed shooting with you Bucky!

Stan

Archived