SASS Wire Forum

so,, today,,, shotgun was first, of course,,,, blast thru 6 targets quickly,, go to rifle,,,, click click click click click!! ugh,,, a lil voice in my head says,,, hey dummy your shells are in the bag on your belt,,, grab shells and load rifle,,, grab rest of the shells and run to pistol location and load pistols,,,,  95 second stage,,, duh!!

once again, I was the comedy relief on the posse,, at least it was the last stage!!

3 minutes ago, Null N. Void said:

Where's the video?

will try to upload it, but it's nearly 2 minutes long!!

Yah.  After loading pistols, they called  down range for target repair.  Went to line and found rifle was still empty.  Sure lucky rifle was first gun.   GW

Hell’s Comin likes to do that at EOT.:D

Did that with my cap guns once. Took 35 sec to cap both, came very close to leaving one on half cock after capping. And they weren't first arm shot in the stage. The posse enjoyed it tremendously !

I forgot to put shotgun shells in my belt once. Shot pistols, rifle, grabbed shotgun, went to belt, no shells. I mimicked loafing gun and pointing and shooting and yelling BANG BANG shucked and did it again. Everybody was cracking up. I did have a 15 second stage :DAnd 4 misses. :(

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
1 hour ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

so,, today,,, shotgun was first, of course,,,, blast thru 6 targets quickly,, go to rifle,,,, click click click click click!! ugh,,, a lil voice in my head says,,, hey dummy your shells are in the bag on your belt,,, grab shells and load rifle,,, grab rest of the shells and run to pistol location and load pistols,,,,  95 second stage,,, duh!!

once again, I was the comedy relief on the posse,, at least it was the last stage!!

Good practice for the  old on the clock reload.;)

31 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

So, what did you actually do at the Loading Table?:blink:

Betcha he was a-jawin with somebody. That was my excuse..   :o

Yep forgot to cap my 1861 and 1851, didnt realise til i fired (tried to) the first pistol after the rifle:blush:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm why are there no shiny brass things at the back of the cylinder:blink:

Before it was made against the rules I shot rifle and pistols, Went to grab shot gun shells and found by belt empty. Unholstered pistols and set them on prop and proceeded to race back to my cart for shells.  Grabbed a handful and raced back dropping a few along the way.  Managed to end up with enough to finish the stage. I didn't see it but I was told that the look on the TO's face when I took off was priceless.

Who besides me has tried to shoot their rifle only to discover the safety is on?

If you have played this game it is not if you forget to load something but When! If I change my routine I will miss something at the loading table .

5 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

So, what did you actually do at the Loading Table?:blink:

We always have a loading table officer as does the other club we often shoot with.  I've shot at clubs that don't.  I've often worked the table and often caught problems before they went on to shoot.  

Sorta gives you a feel in how it felt like when you had to reload in the old west during an attack.

Nawlins

He forgot to mention the first stage in which he shot underpowered shotgun rounds.  You could see the wad arcing to the target.  They did go down, slowly! 

Rip through pistols, Great no misses. Rip through riffle ,a little slower but ok and again no misses. Grab for nonexistant shotgun shells. Can I take my 15 second time and no misses since i didnt actually fire the shotgun?  Yep some jawing was involved for me.

I have seen that before. The stages is written as follows:

Shooter starts at loading table talking to friends (or starring at a pretty cowgirl OR cowboy of the opposite sex) while not paying attention. ATB shooter engages R1 by dry firing it until the rifle is confirmed to be empty. Next load rifle with 10 rounds while shaking yer' head and laughing out loud and continue with the rifle. With pistols complete rifle instruction. Last with the shotgun hope you still have enough shells in your belt left from previous stage. 

In my case I loaded the rifle.  I carried it to the line & staged it.   What I didn't do was re-install the mag. spring, follower & cap last weekend after I cleaned it.  So, when I picked the rifle up to shoot it...

Yeah, it was the first stage.

Charged pistols w/Goex and wads.... went to loading table... capped nipples... studied stage and figured out I was going to have to hit the KDs at the very top edge...

Proceeding to fully implement plan with 100%  effectiveness.  Except those wads did not have enough mass to topple the KDs!   

30 minutes ago, Griff said:

Charged pistols w/Goex and wads.... went to loading table... capped nipples... studied stage and figured out I was going to have to hit the KDs at the very top edge...

Proceeding to fully implement plan with 100%  effectiveness.  Except those wads did not have enough mass to topple the KDs!   

POWDER

WAD

BALL

REPEAT

My biggest problem at the loading table is the temptation to go and help someone. Great thought, but with loaded guns in holster it's a SDQ. I have done that twice in the last year. So now, the pistols are left on the table until the TO signals me to the line. I too have come to the line without shotgun shells.

Love the stories of others showing we are all human.

I have forgotten to reload my shotgun belt after shooting two stages (holds 10) and only had two shotshells for the third stage. Dang, what a knuckle head move. Only happened once, so far. 

PS Was using a new guncart with cartridges & shotshells in different pockets. Corrected the ammo placement with all ammo in same area.

I've never gone to the line with empty guns, but I was at a match in Virginia a number of years ago in which one of the shooters was a known heckler of the other shooters. He staged all of his guns at the first shooting position, including his pistols, after deciding that he needed to go back to his gun cart for something or other. The crowd closed in around the shooting line while he had his back turned, and a couple of the shooters unloaded his pistols. The order was rifle, pistols, shotgun. Rifle went bang ten times. First pistol went click, click, click, he handed it off. Second pistol, same thing. He had shotgun shells so the shotgun went bang the required number of times. He went to the unloading table, discovered that his pistols were already empty, and proceeded to call a bunch of his buddies some unkind names while everyone laughed for quite some time, including him. Apparently he figured that he'd deserved having that happen...

8 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

I've never gone to the line with empty guns, but I was at a match in Virginia a number of years ago in which one of the shooters was a known heckler of the other shooters. He staged all of his guns at the first shooting position, including his pistols, after deciding that he needed to go back to his gun cart for something or other. The crowd closed in around the shooting line while he had his back turned, and a couple of the shooters unloaded his pistols. The order was rifle, pistols, shotgun. Rifle went bang ten times. First pistol went click, click, click, he handed it off. Second pistol, same thing. He had shotgun shells so the shotgun went bang the required number of times. He went to the unloading table, discovered that his pistols were already empty, and proceeded to call a bunch of his buddies some unkind names while everyone laughed for quite some time, including him. Apparently he figured that he'd deserved having that happen...

mmm maybe that was what happened to me!!  but how did they get the cartridges back into my bag on my belt?  lol

Archived