SASS Wire Forum

Hummingbird

Subdeacon Joe

I have a camo cap with a big red Goex Bp patch on the front. I am frequently buzzed by hummers in the summer. Makes me jump every time. :lol:

HummerAttractor.JPG

They do like those bright colors. This feller got in the laundry room. He latched on to the fly swatter and I took him outside. :D

Hummer5-10-14.JPG

We love hummingbirds. My wife and I put out feeders and she plants flowers for them. 

I had a hummingbird take interest in a colorful hat I was wearing a few years ago when I was trimming a tree. Startled me pretty good. At least until I figured out what the weird buzzing noise was.

Back many years ago when we had our Goldwing, we had a stuffed Marvin the Martian mascot that rode on the back. One time near Alpine Lake in the Sierras, while stopped at the lake, we watched a hummer try to feed on the yellow brush on top of Marvin's helmet. Persistent bugger was there for a couple of minutes before finally giving up.

I have a group upon their winter return to the area they find and chase me informing that it's time to put the feeder back out. Happens every spring. 

Love watching the little critters. Had one at the house we named George. George was a wonder.

When ever the feeder would get low, he would hover just outside the sliding door to let me know.

After I refilled it, he would fly away  other humming bird things until it was time for a refill. 

Stayed all winter. I had to bring the feeder in at night in the winter time, to keep it from freezing, 

but we managed. Got one here at the apartment, but he is not near as sociable as George. 

18 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I have two large feeders outside. I go through two cups of liquid a day! By the evening there are literally close to 20 of them fighting for a spot at the feeders.

Fighting is right! Good thing the suckers aren’t the size of crows!

Archived