SASS Wire Forum

82nd Airborne

Alpo

I have read, here and there, that the 82nd Airborne refers to the 101st Airborne as the "One O Worst".

But I've never seen what the 101st calls the 82nd.

Anyone know?

Not anything you could put here probably.

I was in the 82nd  we were attached to the 101st at Camp Eagle in Vietnam, I never heard the 101st referred to as anything other than than the 101st and I never heard them refer to us as anything other than the 82nd.

Good friends, Vaughn (who died almost a year ago)and Leigh Skellenger are both paratroop vets, she was 82nd, he was 101st.  Leigh was one of the first women to become a paratrooper and can tell some stories that will curl your hair.

They sort of adopted Shawna and me when we first moved to Arizona and Leigh and I still have breakfast together almost every Sunday morning.

BTW, before Vaughn became ill they travelled the country looking for zip lines to ride.

I had two former 101st guys on my A Team. They always referred to it as the One Oh Worst.  ;)

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

When I was at ft bragg I often heard the 101st referred to as the chocking chicken. 

Choking Chicken had another connotation also. :blush:

On 3/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, Trigger Mike said:

When I was at ft bragg I often heard the 101st referred to as the chocking chicken. 

We called them "Barfing Buzzards"

Archived