SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot

I found this video while doing scientific research on Subdeacon Joe’s thread “New Game”. I laughed so hard at some of these clips I nearly choked on my bagel.

My question is, why cucumbers?

It looks like a rat.  (Don’t tell Allie how I know this.)

a cat’s perception is geared to survival and mastering its universe (its environment).  When something happens to disturb that knowledge, the response needs to be “escape”

I’ve tried to scare our cat with a cucumber or zucchini many times and it ignores it. Just the other night after watching this again I rigged a piece of monofilament fishing line to a cucumber and hid it near her food dish and as she was eating her expensive cat food I pulled it out right in front of her bowl and she ignored it.

I had two cats, Siamese sister and brother for 20+ years, they weren't afraid of anything!!:o

I saw that on Youtube. There is a LOT of hilarious stuff there. 

I would like to reccomend to everyone to check out a show called "Just For Laughs-Gags". Canadian, been on for nearly 20 years. No dialogue, just practical jokes. It's where I go when I need a laugh or to lighten my mood. Check it out.

19 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I wonder if a cat would react to a sausage of about the same size?

Best

CR

Image result for cat with big eyes

I wonder if cats would react the same to other vegetables or is it just cucumbers?

I don’t plan on finding out. My cats are finicky enough I don’t need to start testing them with vegetables. Heck, they might like them and then I will have to provide a fresh salad bar every evening. :lol: One cat in that video was eating the cucumber. That would probably be my cat Stubbie. She’s an odd cat.

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I wonder if cats would react the same to other vegetables or is it just cucumbers?

I don’t plan on finding out. My cats are finicky enough I don’t need to start testing them with vegetables. Heck, they might like them and then I will have to provide a fresh salad bar every evening. :lol: One cat in that video was eating the cucumber. That would probably be my cat Stubbie. She’s an odd cat.

A friend of mine had a cat that loved peas. He would steal them and stass em under the couch.

He liked pencils too. :D

Archived