SASS Wire Forum

1866 SRC Navy Arms 45lc Price Reduced

I was was the second owner of this gun and it never gave me any problems. It has had some action works and cycles smooth as butter. Has some cart dings and cartridge dings on receiver. Wood is very nice with no major scratches or scuffs. Please view all pictures.

19" barrel

Was $750 NOW $700 and exact USPS shipping with insurance ( should be about $25)  from me to your FFL. Please make sure your FFL will take it direct from private party or it will be $20 extra if I have to ship FFL to FFL. 

66 1.jpg

66 2.jpg

66 3.jpg

66 4.jpg

66 5.jpg

66 6.jpg

66 7.jpg

66 8.jpg

66 9.jpg

66 10.jpg

BTT for a great-lookin’ shootin’ iron.

Just my 2 cents.

If anybody is contemplating acquiring this iron, I have the octagon-barrel rifle version of the 1866.  The 1866’s are drop-dead gorgeous and shoot well. Put a tang aperture sight on one and they’ll do even better.  Price for this one looks good too:  check out the price for a new one from DGW’s or Cabellas’ site!

Side note.  I’ve read more than a few articles that dispute the Winchester Model I873 being the “Gun that won the west”.  Their reasoning: the rifle’s debut was 1873 and it took a few years for it to achieve widespread distribution, by which time the Indian Wars were winding down to their grim finale and the days of open range coming to an end. Their conclusion, and IMHO concur, was that it was the Spencer Carbine, 1860 Henry, and 1866 Winchester that did the hard work and heavy lifting of the winning of the West. I’m a fan of western movies and TV shows and can’t help but grimace when I see 1892 Winchester’s in the 1860’s to 1880’s time frame. What a pleasure to see western shows of more recent vintage with weapons that are correct for the period.  

Again, just MHO but modern-replica 1860’s, 1866’s, Spencer’s, and yes, the 1873’s really enable us modern-day cowboys to achieve a considerable degree of authenticity.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

• 1 month later...

Archived