SASS Wire Forum

WTB Dillon 650 stuff to load 45 LC

Grizzly Dave

Well I finally scraped up enough gold dust to order a 73 in 45 LC.  So I guess I'd best get my 650 set up to feed that critter.

I'm hoping some one is no longer shooting 45 LC and will make me a deal.  Trying not to spend too much as now I'm saving for a pair of pistolas in 45 LC..

Looking for the following for my 650 for 45 LC

Caliber conversion kit

Quick change kit including powder measure

Dillon dies for 45 LC..

Large primer pick up tubes

Primer assembly set up for large primers.  (looks to be much easier to swap out the whole assembly than just all the pieces parts.)

Would also be interested in the first 3 for 45 ACP.

Howdy Grizz,

Check out inlinefabrication.com for primer tubes and a handy bracket to hang them from (+ a bunch of other goodies). Cal con kit will run you about $80 and a quick change with a dropper is about $125. That leaves the dies. I have a pristine set of RCBS carbides that I ain't usin and work just as well as the Dillon. Happy to loan them to ya if your scrapin the barrel. My 650 is set up for 45colt now and pumpin out some badmans

Yeah, compared to the cost of the rifle I just ordered, getting the 650 stuff to load for it isn't that bad.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had some 45 LC stuff laying around they weren't using any more.  But it seems that's not the case.  I blame Major Artillery for it, what with him promoting the Classic Cowboy category so much :D

I'll look around in the shop Grizz, I have a 650 I haven't used in a year or so and I have(or at least I think I still have) a complete 45 LC setup.

3 minutes ago, captqueeze said:

I'll look around in the shop Grizz, I have a 650 I haven't used in a year or so and I have(or at least I think I still have) a complete 45 LC setup.

Capt - if'n the price was right, I might be interested in the 650 as well.

Checked my stuff Grizz; and as I suspected I apparently sold my 45LC conversion when I sold my BH wheelguns.  Just as well, I'm not allowed to sell on this Forum cause I'm not a member of SASS.   Had everything set to go to join and my wife got diagnosed with Parkinson Disease, really changed both our lives.  I suppose I could PM youpictures of the stuff I do have, I don't think that'd be a violation.  I have 5 conversion sets; 3 toolheads;  2 Pwd measures 2 primer setups; roller handle; Dillion precision stand; bullet tray; casefeeder with 3 plates; several mods including my latest the Pwd measure quick release.  

1 hour ago, Dirty Low Down sass 23492 said:

Grizzly------they ain't Dillon-but I got a new-& unused R.C.B.S.-3 die carbide set-45 Colt/Schofield--no cartg. holder tho---most die sets don't include em & ya have to buy it separate--$6 or so!-------Ship em to ya for $50-----Dirty

Thanks, but I'll pass.  Gonna try and stick with Dillon dies as I love how easy there are to clean.

Archived