SASS Wire Forum

Changing my Alias

Perro Del Diablo

Just now, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Is a hearty "Semper fi" in order?

There'd better be, or he has some explaining to do... ;)

Lookie what I found when I searched Perro Del Diablo and clicked on “images”:

35738_1283447_735x390.jpeg

77413-68088.jpg

2dd25d2c3ee9e99c9ee3462c1176cb45ae87eb1f

Rex++el+Rotweiler.JPG

I think you you need a cool new avatar. :D

Yeah, a good title of the thread would be Country Wildman is now Perro del Diablo. I was confused for a bit too. Especiallynas how ypu don’t have an avatar.

14 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Ooh Rah

Thanks for your service. Ooh Rah! from a USMC Dad. 

I was wondering why you chose a Mexican variation for your name and then did a little research on where the nickname “Devil Dogs” came from regarding the Marine Corps. After reading about it your choice of the name in Spanish makes sense and has a nice ring to it.

"Teufel Hunden” just doesn’t have that ring to it. :D

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah, a good title of the thread would be Country Wildman is now Perro del Diablo. I was confused for a bit too. Especiallynas how ypu don’t have an avatar.

I never could figure out how to put in an avatar.

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was wondering why you chose a Mexican variation for your name and then did a little research on where the nickname “Devil Dogs” came from regarding the Marine Corps. After reading about it your choice of the name in Spanish makes sense and has a nice ring to it.

"Teufel Hunden” just doesn’t have that ring to it. :D

Even though I'm not Hispanic many of my closest friends are. This was my original alias I wanted but for other reasons chose Country Wildman. Yes time has come to let Wildman ride off and saddle up with the Diablo

3 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I never could figure out how to put in an avatar.

That’s easy, except you are limited in picture size. Not as limited as it used to be. Thank goodness.

1. Go to the top right of your screen and left click on your alias.

2. In the drop down, select “Profile”.

3. Look on left side of screen to the left of your alias and there will be a round circle where your avatar would be and on the bottom left side of that little circle you will see a little white icon that looks like it has a mountain and a sun in it (photo icon). Click on that.

4. A window will pop up called “Profile Photo”. Select “upload photo” (the key is to have a photo selected that you want to use and have it stored in a file or folder with an easy to find name) The photo must be smaller than 1.95MB. 

5. Click on “Choose Single File”.

6. Select the file name of your photo from where you stored it.

7. The photo will load and appear at the bottom of the “Profile Photo” drop down. If it looks okay to you then click “CONTINUE”.

8. A window will appear allowing you to crop your photo, if you wish. Then click “Save”.

WALLAH!

You have a new Avatar...just like now I have a new Avatar because to post this I had to make sure it worked. ;)

One way I shrink photos is to select a photo from my iPhone and then email it to myself. The phone asks what size I want the photo file to be and I just select s smaller file size so I can post it more easily. 

Good Luck. :D

11 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

my master Nala not happy with my new name.

001.JPG

Looks more unimpressed to me... But then, what cat would be?

Thank you (and all others) for your service. I have not served, but my dad did a few years in the Philippines in WWII. He was a cook with a headquarters company, 124th Infantry, USA. One of his decorations was a CIB so I guess he saw the elephant a time or two.

JHC

Archived