SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subdeacon Joe

How To Start A B-17

I remember  checklists....   Not a flyer, but,... I sometimes dream ...  “X has no dents, nicks, or gouges, scrapes, cuts or abrasions”. “Preformed packing is not swollen, stretched, pinched, torn or deteriorated, and IS well lubricated”

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Isn't that Arthur Kennedy explaining the process?

The wiki link on McCarthy says he did  a B-17 training film in WW 2.

edit:

The Wikipedia bio on Arthur Kennedy says he made training film also, and they DO look alike.  Still putting my money on McCarthy though.

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The wiki link on McCarthy says he did  a B-17 training film in WW 2.

edit:

The Wikipedia bio on Arthur Kennedy says he made training film also, and they DO look alike.  Still putting my money on McCarthy though.

Click the link in the bottom right corner of the video; it will take you to the video on YouTube.

Look below the image on YouTube; the OP identifies the narrator as Arthur Kennedy.  You are right; there are similarities between the two actors.  Listen to Kennedy's voice, and think back to Lawrence of Arabia.

LL

Good catch!  You gotta admit though...

Mom(WW2, WASP)flew right seat in B-17's.

Many times, she said brain surgery was less detailed than the 17's start up procedure. :lol:

OLG

I know safety is foremost and this is a training film.  But when I was watching it I could not stop thinking, “there is a war going on, speed it up.”

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.