SASS Wire Forum

What kind of pie did you have today?

Alpo

None for me either, low carb diet and I've lost 22 lbs so far!! Pie is loaded with carbs!!

Had some blueberry day before yesterday but had forgotten about PI day.   But got some key lime, apple, cherry, peach and mince pies in the fridge which really do not need  a special day to be consumed.  Except the mince which I'll dig into when I'm alone!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

None for me either, low carb diet and I've lost 22 lbs so far!! Pie is loaded with carbs!!

Low carb diet here too, lost 18 pounds so far. That having been said, I did cheat last night with a Papa Murphy's thin crust pizza (12 1/2 carbs per slice), but not because of Pi day. Did it 'cause my lovely bride and I have been missing having pizza on the table... :D

17 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Just finished half a spice cake in a bowl of milk. No pie. Going back for fourths and fifths I think.

Won't stay slim long doin' that! :D

Someone should make a thing shaped like a biscuit cutter, that will make something exactly 3.14 square inches.

That way you could just shove it down through the top crust till you hit the pie plate, and cut out a pi of pie.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Someone should make a thing shaped like a biscuit cutter, that will make something exactly 3.14 square inches.

That way you could just shove it down through the top crust till you hit the pie plate, and cut out a pi of pie.

That’s too small. Square it.

Nope, it's not π²R, it's πR².

The solution is to go metric. Don't measure the pie in inches. Measure it in decimeters.

A decimeter is 3.9 inches. A square decimeter is 15.5 square inches. So 3.14 square decimeters is 48.7 square inches.

That oughta be a big enough piece, right Bob? :)

To put that in perspective, a standard 8-inch pie is 50.24 square inches. Now if you cut that 8" pie into quarters (and really, who wants a smaller piece of pie than 1/4?), that's 12 and a half square inches per slice.

9.8586” is big enough for me. No need to be a glutton. :D

Archived