SASS Wire Forum

That Will Straighten Right Out

Subdeacon Joe

Steam it~!  :lol:

On a more serious note... what is this rifle?  Is the barrel replaceable?  Still... may not be worth the cost.  Barrels can be straightened using V-blocks and a press, but this one has a serious dog-leg.  Straightening could result in a bore aberration that may be acceptable if it's just a plinker.  :)

It looks like a Mossberg.

I was thinking, along with the V-blocks and press, using heat. Might draw the temper out of the barrel, but it's a 22 to begin with, and a good ten inches away from the chamber.

A co-worker once told me a story of a hapless M4 in Iraq. Seems one of his buddies left it leaning against a curb and a Humvee backed over it, bending it like a banana. Someone got the bright idea to flip it over and try doing it again to bend it back. It ended up in an S-shape. He said he wished he could've been a fly on the wall when that thing was turned in! :wacko:

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

A co-worker once told me a story of a hapless M4 in Iraq. Seems one of his buddies left it leaning against a curb and a Humvee backed over it, bending it like a banana. Someone got the bright idea to flip it over and try doing it again to bend it back. It ended up in an S-shape. He said he wished he could've been a fly on the wall when that thing was turned in! :wacko:

Report of survey..    do they still do that?

for the uninitiated, person responsible writes a report. An officer reviews it, soldier appears before the officer and explains. Soldier either pays for the item or is excused. That was for my rifle.

when my safe “fell of a truck “. I sent a bottle of scotch along with it.

9 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Looks like a candidate to become a bolt action handgun.

My thoughts exactly!:lol:

Archived