SASS Wire Forum

WOW SASS Wire will be 20 Years Old

Oh wow!! Crazy how times flys!

Thank you to everyone who has had a hand in keeping the Wire up and running thru the years! SASS staff, Moderators, etc. I have met a lot of people because of the Wire. Just a great resource for us!

Wowzer!

I joined SASS in May 1999 and the Wire had a bad reputation then. It was somewhat of a "mean streets" thing. It didn't take long for me to decide I didn't belong nor did I want to be here. I was appalled at the meanness. I didn't come back until I was elected as a TG in 2004. I figured I must read WTCs and the TG forum to do a good job as a TG.

Over the years, I have joked that I came here for "skin thickening exercises." I've decided that my skin will never be that thick.

When I was the Wire Administrator, I tried to ensure it was a nicer place. I was lambasted by many for curtailing "freedom of speech" by people who obviously didn't understand the First Amendment.  I was called bitter and negative by one "highly placed person."

Believe what you wish; but I regret ever having agreed to be the Wire Administrator.

40 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I just looked at my profile. I joined the wire on November 18, 1999.

Hehe, beatcha by a month.  :)

Before that was mostly just the CAS-L email reflector.

amazing how long this new fangled internet chit has been going on , seems like only yesterday i started with this , i will admit its maybe yesterday here - im a relative newcomer on this site , but some others - yes near 20 years ago i was on them , some no longer exist , i wish id found this sooner , 

thanks to all that provide , maintain and oversee it , you are doing well 

5 hours ago, Tex Boden, SASS#19427 L said:

Wow, joined July 25th, 1999, joined sass in May of 98. Your gettin old Goody! :P

Tex, I joined the same day. I believe it was born on July 24th.

I joined in July of 2001 and I' m still a junior member.:blink:

2 hours ago, Nawlins Kid said:

I joined in July of 2001 and I' m still a junior member.:blink:

NK, the rankings are based on your overall IQ! =};-) Roo

Don't seem like it, I have been here 18 and don't know how many times thought I would quit. Was definitely not family oriented in the beginning. Some were ready to meet somewhere and finish the discussion. I got over it and realized the integrity of those people were there just to rile up people. So much better than it was but has a ways to go for family fun and discussion. 

17 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I joined SASS in May 1999 and the Wire had a bad reputation then. It was somewhat of a "mean streets" thing. It didn't take long for me to decide I didn't belong nor did I want to be here. I was appalled at the meanness. I didn't come back until I was elected as a TG in 2004. I figured I must read WTCs and the TG forum to do a good job as a TG.

That blows my mind.  This is literally the kindest gentlest community I have ever been a part of on the internet.  Even back in the usenet days when we all had our phone numbers and addresses in our signatures, it got rougher than it does in here now. 

I just checked my profile and see that I joined the Wire  Oct. 31 , 2004. So only been around a bit over 14 years. Didn't have a computer much before that , still a novice at using the thing.

Been a SASS member since April or May 1995.

Rex :D

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

That blows my mind.  This is literally the kindest gentlest community I have ever been a part of on the internet.  Even back in the usenet days when we all had our phone numbers and addresses in our signatures, it got rougher than it does in here now. 

When did you start viewing the Wire?

5 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I joined in March 2002.  My 17th anniversary is coming up.  I do out rank you Nawlins.  I have achieved the rank of "Member".  :D

I think we need to talk about this over Margaritas at the Pa.State match . :D

4 hours ago, Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator said:

NK, the rankings are based on your overall IQ! =};-) Roo

Are your talking about my " Incredible Quickwit" dang one would think that would be a plus. Thanks for the advice, its nice to get this info from someone who wears funny hats!!:lol:

On March 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Wowzer!

Over the years, I have joked that I came here for "skin thickening exercises." I've decided that my skin will never be that thick.

When I was the Wire Administrator, I tried to ensure it was a nicer place. I was lambasted by many for curtailing "freedom of speech" by people who obviously didn't understand the First Amendment.  I was called bitter and negative by one "highly placed person."

Believe what you wish; but I regret ever having agreed to be the Wire Administrator.

Shucks ma'am.  As a beautiful Rose among all us crusty thorns you brought a ray of civility.

Archived