SASS Wire Forum

10 gauge thangs.

Apache Hawk 60642

Been lookin' hard fer 10 gauge shell pates fer reloading' & 10 gauge brass shells.

Any ideas.....

7 minutes ago, Double Tap Taylor said:

Balistic Products makes them in 25 or 50 

20190309_083244.jpg

If those are 10 gauge,  they are massive.  4" long? 

Thanks for the BP loading tray tip.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/mobile/50-Round-Reloading-Block/productinfo/50RDBLK/

Grafs has the 25 round tray in stock for $13.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/72249

10 hours ago, Apache Hawk 60642 said:

Been lookin' hard fer 10 gauge shell pates fer reloading' & 10 gauge brass shells.

Any ideas.....

Apache,

I've made a lot of pates in my day but never a pate made out of 10 gauge shells!!!!!

I use a MEC 600 to make my shells. both my guns are old and have short chambers. I cut down plastic hulls and use a roll crimp. Never loaded brass shells.

I'm sure Mud Marine will see this and chime in. He uses 31/2 inch brass shells and his loads rock the world!!!!!

JA

Hoss has gotten into shooting 10 gauge as well.  

I have many 10 gauge doubles, MEC 600 setup for 10 gauge plastic,  10 gauge brass hulls.   But I find it just a lot easier to load and shoot 12 gauge roll crimp plastic and just pitch the hills after one shot. 

Hey, ‘Pache ol’ friend!  I got mine ftom Balistic Products.  I’ll pm you the information when I get back inside!

HEY!!  HAWK!!  Tried PMing you!!  Says you can't receive messages!!  PM me and I'll give you the low down!

www.ballisticproducts.com

Look up CH4D and check out their 10 ga. Brass die set!!

10 gauge brass? Track of the wolf has the cheapest, about $7.50 each. I have had some issues with those, though. In particular, the case rims are so small and narrow that sometimes they slip right past the extractor of my Greener and then require a rod to get them out. For about $10 per, you can get them custom made to the exact specs you want from Rocky Mountain Cartridge. I recently took chamber castings from my Greener and am planning to send them to RMC and have them custom make a couple dozen for me.

Archived