SASS Wire Forum

Very Nice Woman Killed In Home Invasion

Yul Lose

I just found out that a woman I used to work with was stabbed to death in a home invasion robbery yesterday. She was a wonderful person and left twin sons behind. When we first started working together she brought her sons to the shop and we hit it off and I took them on a couple of deep sea fishing trips with my son. She was a very intelligent, wonderful woman  with a smile that would brighten up anyone’s day. What a loss.

ARLSBAD (NEWS 8) - A man and woman accused of fatally stabbing a 64-year-old woman early Monday morning in her Carlsbad home have been arrested, authorities said. 

The victim made a 911 call about 12:30 a.m. to report that she had been stabbed at her home in the 1800 block of Outrigger Lane in Carlsbad, according to police.

Officers arrived to find the 64-year-old woman suffering from multiple puncture wounds, Lt. Jason Jackowski said. Paramedics took her to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead about 1:30 a.m.

Deputies found the victim's vehicle abandoned in the 800 block of Grand Avenue in San Marcos shortly after 5:30 a.m., sheriff's Lt. David Buether said.

Her name was withheld pending family notification.

The suspects are identified as 37-year-old Ian Bushee and 26-year-old Malissa James, both transients. Bushee and James are both on probation in San Bernardino for residential burglary, according to police.

I simply don't know what to say, other than my condolences to those who knew and loved her.

Scum! Both of them are on probation, though I can’t seem to find out for what. Probably something they should have been rotting in jail for. 

My my heart goes out for this Lady and her family. I am sorry for your loss, Yul.

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Scum! Both of them are on probation, though I can’t seem to find out for what. Probably something they should have been rotting in jail for. 

My my heart goes out for this Lady and her family. I am sorry for your loss, Yul.

As more news comes out, they were on probation for residential burglary. 

When my wife and I sold our two-way communications business back in 1990 the new owners brought this lady in to oversee the transition and she did an excellent job. After I went through multiple major spinal operations in 1992 and was trying to get more socialized as my wife called it, as I had been pretty much out of circulation for 8 months, this wonderful lady created a job for me in the company so that I wouldn’t be home alone all day. They allowed me to come in for a few hours each day and assist with channel and site acquisition so that I’d have something to do and not be alone. She had a huge heart. Her name was Marjory Gawitt.

Just now, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ca;iformiw?  Dp just suspended

Yeah, I guess it is one thing to impose it and another to execute it.

With the passage of time and varying political winds, anything is possible.  I hope the Governor is forced to read the pathologist's report, and view the crime scene photos.

Animals do not deserve protection from the natural consequences of their actions.

LL

I heard that California hasn't executed anyone since 2006! Now Newsome nixed the DP.

Very sorry to hear of your friends murder.  She sounds like a wonderful person.  Prayers up for peace to you and all that knew her.

My condolences. A tragic and senseless act.

Colorado is also considering doing away with the death penalty. :angry:

With sadness in my heart, condolences. 

I'm sorry for your loss. 

These perpetrators should never again see the light of day.  I'm all for rehabilitation for non-violent offenders, but these two have proved that they belong behind bars forever.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My condolences. A tragic and senseless act.

Colorado is also considering doing away with the death penalty. :angry:

Does CO have initiative, referendum & recall?  You do. I remember that two of three legislators were recalled for voting for your UBC & high cap magazine ban.  I can't imagine that the death penalty is any less popular in CO than it is in the PRK.  I am against the State taking a life except in self defense; so, when I was a resident of the PRK (before 2013) I always voted in the minority it was on the ballot.  The way things have gone in CA since the penalty was reinstated after Rose Byrd & company were recalled & replaced on the state supreme court, CA has had a defacto ban.   Gavin Nuisance must still have plans to be POTUS; otherwise, why didn't he commute all the death row inmates to life wo/parole.

37 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Does CO have initiative, referendum & recall?  You do. I remember that two of three legislators were recalled for voting for your UBC & high cap magazine ban.  I can't imagine that the death penalty is any less popular in CO than it is in the PRK.  I am against the State taking a life except in self defense; so, when I was a resident of the PRK (before 2013) I always voted in the minority it was on the ballot.  The way things have gone in CA since the penalty was reinstated after Rose Byrd & company were recalled & replaced on the state supreme court, CA has had a defacto ban.   Gavin Nuisance must still have plans to be POTUS; otherwise, why didn't he commute all the death row inmates to life wo/parole.

Colorado politics are pretty much controlled by the liberal Denver metroplex.

My condolences Yul for the heinous loss of your friend. Prayers up for her family and friends.

I'm surely for the death penalty, dead criminals are not repeat offenders.

Archived