SASS Wire Forum

FS WW 218 bee Brass *SPF*

BTT 

Just a thot.  This might be of interest to those owning Winchester or Marlin lever guns chambered in 25-20 WCF.  25-20 brass is hard to find.  I have enough for my Model 92, altho it’s getting on in age, but other 25-20 owners have bugged me something fierce to part with some brass.

The parent case for the 218 Bee is ... Ta Dah ... the 25-20 WCF.  A 218 Bee is really nothing more than the original 25-20 necked down to 22 caliber. It would be a relatively simple matter to fireform the 218 Bee brass to 25-20.

IMHO the price is fair, particularly in comparison to new 25-20 brass ... when it can be found. 

Just my 2 cents.

Fort Reno Kid 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Fort Reno Kid said:

BTT 

Just a thot.  This might be of interest to those owning Winchester or Marlin lever guns chambered in 25-20 WCF.  25-20 brass is hard to find.  I have enough for my Model 92, altho it’s getting on in age, but other 25-20 owners have bugged me something fierce to part with some brass.

Not to hijack this thread, but I got a nice stash of new 25-20 that I tried selling, nobody interested.  Nothing more than what I paid for it.

Hey Cemetery

Was genuinely surprised that your efforts to sell some new 25-20 brass did not receive a response ... particularly since it’s new brass and not, like so much that I’ve seen advertised and most of mine: old and reloaded several times.

No foolin’, in the last 2 or 3 years I’ve made acquaintance with 4 — serious! 4 — shooters who’d acquired 25-20’s. The irons were a Remington pump and 3 Model 92’s.    They were scrounging for ammo and components. I’ve contacted Starline several times urging them to add 25-20 to their line and to Hornady urging them to add a 25-20 LeverRevolution to their line.  For my efforts? Butkus! No response whatever.

An article in a recent gun magazine detailed the author’s acquisition of Model 92 and his efforts to obtain brass.  He wound up buying 32-20 brass (the parent case of the 25-20) from Starline and using forming dies to neck the brass down to 25-20.  He had about an 80% success rate.

There are a considerable number of 25-20’s out there — human owners wear out and die but those old shootin’ irons seem to go on forever— and it’s hard to believe the new owners don’t need reloading components.

My best recommendation to you would be periodically enter posts advertising your brass.  Surely there’s someone ... maybe a lot of someone’s ... who need that brass. I’d be interested but I have a sufficient supply and I’m going to wear out a lot sooner than my iron and it’s reloading components.

Keep the sunny side up!

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

PS.  Can’t resist thinking that the highest and best use of King Medallion’s 218 Bee brass would be for someone with a 218 Bee rifle ... but that’s a thot for another day.

Archived