SASS Wire Forum

Already the conflict has started.

Attica Jack  #23953

During the winter, I shoot 22 cal. scrimmage shoots at my gun club, lots of fun.  Today while getting the Michigan SASS shoot schedules, I already see a conflict.  The first Sat. in April is the last scrimmage shoot of the year and it is also the first Wild Bunch shoot of the season.   I just hate that when that happens....can't be two places at the same time.   I will shoot the Wild Bunch match, as that is my favorite game, depending on the unpredictable Michigan weather.  The scrimmage is shot indoors.

MY conflict started when I discovered cowboy action shooting. I work at least 2 weekends a month and frequently 3. Needless to say it's really hard to feed my addiction while still employed. :(

4 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

MY conflict started when I discovered cowboy action shooting. I work at least 2 weekends a month and frequently 3. Needless to say it's really hard to feed my addiction while still employed. :(

the beauty of my profession (retired) is that I shoot any weekend I can find a shoot in range

21 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Before the addiction, I'd have to take my vacation in December or lose it. After the addiction began, I was running out of vacation. My solution was retirement. :o;):)

Ahhhhh...  retirement sounds so...

Logical.

1 hour ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Yep, we need some Wed shoots, not enough Sat and Sun in the week for us retired folks.

I thought everyday was Saturday when you're retired?

12 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Logical.

It is brother, every day is Saturday! SCJ

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I so feel your pain brother.  At least you can surf the wire in your control room.

A  22 cal. scrimmage shoot sounds interesting.  What's it all about?  Just curious... 

15 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Logical.

Best job I ever had. They pay me to stay home so I can try to keep my wife from working me to death (we live on a cow ranch)!

Dutch.   A scrimmage shoot is shot with 22 cal. open sighted single shot or semi-auto, mag. fed rifles.  Our range is 20yds, you are limited to only loading 4 rds. and 4 rd. reloads.  Our range shoots 4 teams at a time, and there is 5 to 6 relays.  Teams are drawn at random.  Each team member has 4 breakable targets to shoot at, I.E. 5 team members 20 targets.  The object is to beak all the targets in the fastest time and shoot down a bowling pin to stop the clock.  If you break all your targets start shooting another team members targets.  Each relay has smaller targets, our first relay is 3 inch clay targets, and then smaller targets.......the last relay has been shooting a hanging orange paint stirrer with a bowling pin hanging from the bottom, the object is to saw the stick in half dropping the pin, a black line is painted across the stick for shooters to shoot at.

19 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Sunday is typically an open day in Range schedules. Many cowboy matches are on sunday. I am ok missing church for these.

I am, my wife not so much.

Archived