SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 9 m/m PCC

G W Wade

Oh, I don't know if it will work with the PC9, but if there are any old paintballers out there, the pods used for paintballs will hold a bunch of ammo and slip inside one of the sleeves of the 10/22 takedown bag.

The Chiappa M1-9 uses Beretta 92 magazines. They are pricy critters compared to Glock mags. Also don't like metal mags (Beretta) hitting concrete as I shoot indoor matches with the Chiappa. That said, they work fine.

Church Key

• 1 month later...

Considering adding an optic to mine, perhaps a red-dot. Any recommendations of a reasonable priced optic?

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, G W Wade said:

A Glock adapter is included with the PPC if that helps      GW

They work fine GW, I've got the Glock mags for mine and have used it in a ProSteel match. 1st one I've ever shot the PCC works fine and no problems. I've shot it at long range (for pistol caliber) 300 yds. With the good ammo or my reloads I could keep most of the shots inside an 18" circle with the factory sights.

I think I could do better than that.

kR

1 hour ago, Tony Crowe said:

Considering adding an optic to mine, perhaps a red-dot. Any recommendations of a reasonable priced optic?

Primary Arms house brand are made in the same factory as Holosun. These are pretty good. I have the  $89 one on the AR-9 I built, and a Holosun 510C on my Ruger PCC 9;  taking both to KY State this weekend to give it a whirl. I have the $129 one on another AR-15. I like them quite a bit.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+Primary-Arms/MCategories+Red-Dot-Sights/Size+Microdots

https://taccom3g.com/product-category/9mm-pcc-components-and-accessories/ruger-pccarbine/ makes a bunch of stuff to make the Ruger PCC more competition friendly :D

and MCarbo has a trigger spring kit https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-trigger-spring-kit.aspx

Thanks for the optic suggestions. For now I am going to swap a Burris FastFire III Red Dot Reflex Sight from a .22 pistol before settling on another purchase. 

4 hours ago, Tony Crowe said:

Vortex.

My VFW post is raffling one off. Ticket sales have been good so far.

They're a lot of fun, it was pretty easy to zero at 25 yrds (short I know, but it's for speed steel).

My only complaint is how fast it'll eat my 9mm.  I swear I end up loading more 9 than .38 some weeks...

Archived