SASS Wire Forum

WTB bolt action .223

jmorris

I have a young shooter that is about ready to move up and out a bit in range, would like to get her a bolt action in 223.

I figured I’d see if anyone had a good one collecting dust before I went out and bought a new one.

I have a Ruger American .223 that I use for plinking at my local range. Not particularly interested in selling it as it's not worth much because they are relatively inexpensive new, so not worth much used. Buds sells them for $379 shipped and they work great. If you decide to get a new one, check them out. Another plus is good .223 ammo is cheap. Mine shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with Federal ammo and a package Bushnell scope. Just a thought.

Church Key

I've got a Savage Axis in .223 I took in partial trade years ago and they are now down under $300 for the rifle at Bud's. They are priced at a point where buying new almost makes more sense.

I Second vote on the Ruger American. I have the Predator model and I can reach out to 400 yards at will and hit a 12" steel target 5/5 times.  Take note that the older models used the revolving magazines and the newer ones take standard ar style mags. I have the older style and prefer it due to the flush mount. 

Beyond 500ish yards my handloads start getting squirrelly and don't hold a line so I don't do much target shooting with it beyond 400. 

I want to buy a 270 to start stretching out further. 

I have a T/C Venture Camo that was bought for a young shooter, but she is a little too young to handle a 7 lb rifle.  The rifle  has about 80 rounds through it and comes with box and

paperwork. $425 shipped. We shot 40gr Noslers through it.  Very accurate.  Thank you, Johnny Meadows   If you would like to see pictures send me an email to johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Archived