SASS Wire Forum

I knew it wouldn't last

Utah Bob #35998

Nice weather for the last two days. Near 50°. The road was starting to dry out.

Been raining all day. Looks like we'll be in it for it this evening. 2-4" of snow predicted tonight and maybe more tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Nice weather for the last two days. Near 50°. The road was starting to dry out.

Been raining all day. Looks like we'll be in it for it this evening. 2-4" of snow predicted tonight and maybe more tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that.  I won't rub it in by telling you what the weather is like here........

"Location:Kanawha"

grenadier,

where is this?

Might be more headed your way, UB.

20 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Did I mention that it's supposed to be in the low 70's til Friday.  Then it's supposed to rain and cool off this week end to the low 60's?

Bundle up, Smuteye.  Put some more coal in that burn barrel.

Supposed to snow a little here tomorrow, then back up to the 30's and even 40's for the long range forecast. The slower it melts, the better. Last year, we had a quick warm spell, a big thaw, and it took ~60 yards of gravel to patch the canyons in the upper half mile of my road to make it passable again.

Historically, March is the snowiest month here. I should be used to it.

It makes Spring glorious.

Never had any glorious Springs when I lived in Florida. 

Boring. :lol:

That’s terrible. 

Hmmm...I just remembered. I gotta adjust and lube the new chain on my motorcycle. It’s been over 350 miles since I had the chain installed a week and a half ago.

Saw a bike out here yesterday. One. Guy looked like a Carhartt commercial. But the sun was out and it was in the mid 40s. Perfect. 57 and rain today. Winds to 50 mph.

11 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Bundle up, Smuteye.  Put some more coal in that burn barrel.

It'll be a trial but I think we're ready.

I'm picking up the gallon of milk today on the way home from work and will get the loaf of bread Thursday evening.

Just finished plowing my 400' driveway AGAIN. After raining all day yesterday, snowed about 4" last night, sure is nasty mush!

11 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

ALLEGEDLY, his new location is Helena, MT as of this past fall, but I haven't laid eyes on him yet. :mellow:

New job and kids have kept me occupied. I’ll send to you a message.

3 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Just finished plowing my 400' driveway AGAIN. After raining all day yesterday, snowed about 4" last night, sure is nasty mush!

Got an easy 10 inces here so far. No sign of slacking up. Jjst finished (sort of) the 700' driveway. It will need it again in the morning.County hasn't plowed the roads yet.

The Ag Expo starts tomorrow. I don't know if Cortez got as much as we did or it's gonna be a mess down there.

It's pretty "blizzardy" here in Cheyenne. Finally made the national news on the weather channel. High winds and snow, getting some large drifts, visibility about 100 feet. It was 58 and sunny yesterday.

Grilled steaks tonight!

3-13-19Grill.jpg

Been snowing all afternoon....horizontally, must be blowing 30 to 40. I have to go to Durango tomorrow am for a Dr appointment....not looking forward to the drive!!!

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Grilled steaks tonight!

3-13-19Grill.jpg

Hope you like your steaks really rare, Bob.  Don't think you'll be getting much heat out of that grill tonight.

Dang, no reaction!  I either posted it too late or its not as funny as I thought. 

Naw, I posted too late!

We're still waiting on the "thaw" !

We might see the ground in May !!

It's been a big snow year in the Rockies----we're approaching 400 inches and it won't stop until sometime in late April or may if past years are a prelude.

This is a picture of the snow pack "on the flat" before we got the last two storms !

Snow StickMarch2019.JPG

Looks like it's done. Now to start plowin again.

3-14-19d.jpg

3-14-19c.thumb.jpg.4b4b2f6f42913556d870af6258aa6ea5.jpg

Archived