SASS Wire Forum

Duelist and the two loaded gun rule

Chili Pepper Pete 11917

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Just what is wrong with curling?

Missed you today, and several targets as well...

Main problem with it is getting hair stuck in the curling iron...:P

I had to coach the daughters soccer game today. I'll be going down to Georgia for the Marauders' shoot the 5th saturday this month. You ought to try to make it. They put on a real good shoot too.

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Main problem with it is getting hair stuck in the curling iron...:P

I had to coach the daughters soccer game today. I'll be going down to Georgia for the Marauders' shoot the 5th saturday this month. You ought to try to make it. They put on a real good shoot too.

I'd love too, but my next 3 Saturdays are spoken for(gotta keep momma happy).

I understand the soccer thing too. Thankfully Mustang Lewis decided NOT to play AAU basketball this year; he wants to shoot more, and he kicked my butt today(my rifle jammed on 2 stages though).

Tyrel,

Tennessee is 'In Charge' at his house regardless of what makes momma happy.

Just last week, he mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed the carpet whether she wanted him

to or not.   Then yesterday, he went grocery shopping and 'told' her to stay home while he

went to Walmart and got the Ice Cream.

I tell ya, TN 'is' The Boss!     ;)

..........Widder

• 1 month later...

I’m confused that someone if “off point” basically the foundation of the term itself ... duelist. That’s what it is . In the day you had yourself and the opponent and your seconds etc and they produced a pistol.  Albeit one shot . But duelist. Hence one pistol one hand. I don’t ever remember seeing any painting or drawing with someone doing a duel with a pistol in each hand. Just my thinking I may be wrong

its also went back to culture and chivalric rules and how only nores of rsnknwere allowed . Etc

thsnks for letting me be incredibly boring you gals and guys are good people

If shooting duelist. What is the point of having a loaded gun in your off hand? Is it to save time clearing leather? One still has to holster the fired gun then swap hands unless shooting double d. I never thought about the second gun until I was ready for it but I’m not competing against pards, just myself. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, Chili Pepper Pete 11917 said:

I’m not suggesting that Duelist is GF. Nor am I saying a duelist should be able to alternate between pistols.  What is the harm in drawing or having the other pistol out while shooting the other?   What is the purpose and intent of the rule?

That's one of the ways to shoot Gunfighter.

Archived