SASS Wire Forum

Footwear

Purly SASS # 57438

I'm in search of a boot I can wear all day. Not shooting B-Western or Classic Cowboy. Aged based category only. I will be shooting State, regional, and possibly E O T.  Whats the opinions ?

20190312_092805.jpg

My guess is those would not really be appropriate footwear.  But likely allowable with MD permission. 

You might consider trying something a little more "traditional" looking. I have all sorts of foot problems.  I found a pair of Red Wing ropers work well.  lace up, so more ankle support, and packer-style boots are certainly period correct.  I wear a size 14EE, so finding smethig in my size is a challenge.  I found these on ebay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RED-WING-1102-Size-8-5-EE-8-Lace-Up-Roper-Men-s-Boots-RETAIL-229/282817273949?hash=item41d939205d:g:DD0AAOSwt5hYgCSW:sc:USPSPriority!78374!US!-1

54 minutes ago, Hoss said:

My guess is those would not really be appropriate footwear.  But likely allowable with MD permission. 

You might consider trying something a little more "traditional" looking. I have all sorts of foot problems.  I found a pair of Red Wing ropers work well.  lace up, so more ankle support, and packer-style boots are certainly period correct.  I wear a size 14EE, so finding smethig in my size is a challenge.  I found these on ebay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RED-WING-1102-Size-8-5-EE-8-Lace-Up-Roper-Men-s-Boots-RETAIL-229/282817273949?hash=item41d939205d:g:DD0AAOSwt5hYgCSW:sc:USPSPriority!78374!US!-1

+1 on the Red Wing boots.  I find that I can wear them throughout a match without my feet and ankles threatening to leave without me... 

Purly....moccasins would work fine and are period correct. Of course you’d need to wear something with it other than your loin cloth! :lol:

Kajun

54 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Perfect for B western..........:lol:

Image result for extreme cowboy boots

OLG

These work well if you need to pick your teeth or clean out your ears in between stages.

30 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

These are exactly what Purly needs.  In fact I'll buy him a pair as long as he promises to shoot in them whenever we're at the same match.:D

That yellow pair would earn him extra style point's for sure.

Archived