SASS Wire Forum

EMF Great Western II California Deluxe

Michigan Brian

Great Western II "Deluxe Californian"

You asked...we listened. Now, the EMF Great Western II "Californian" is available in a deluxe model with your choice of the Ultra Ivory or Checkered Walnut grips. Previously, these grips were only offered on our Custom Series guns.

My guess would be the grips.

10 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Darn you, MB. Your question got me looking at those engraved models, and now I want a pair.:P

You guys know EMF gives a SASS discount right? :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Darn you, MB. Your question got me looking at those engraved models, and now I want a pair.:P

I bought one of the engraved models as one of my “shootists” guns. I like it a lot. The faux ivory grips aren’t that realistic looking, but the rest of the gun is really nice. 

8CFCBB41-6163-4930-BB3D-1EFDD687DC7E.jpeg

3EAEAB6F-82B4-4682-B463-35C5E82A4B03.jpeg

565E062C-0D90-4038-9F05-207DB871C6FF.jpeg

Tyrel and Redwood, Since the company I work for is going out of business, and I will be out of a job at the end of the month, that info only drives the dagger in deeper.:(

1 minute ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Tyrel, Since the company I work for is going out of business, and I will be out of a job at the end of the month, that info only drives the dagger in deeper.:(

Sorry, :( 

I had that happen in 05'/06', it sucked for a couple of years.

8 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Tyrel and Redwood, Since the company I work for is going out of business, and I will be out of a job at the end of the month, that info only drives the dagger in deeper.:(

I was laid off once for two weeks. It was the first time since I was six where I didn’t have a job. It was also the greatest two weeks of my life. I have since been doing all I can to ensure an early and long retirement. Point being, while gun money might be scarce for a bit, there are a lot of other things to enjoy during the break between jobs. 

Brian, I bought that exact gun from the EMF vendor last month at Winter Range. I was impressed with how surprisingly smooth it was right out of the box. I got a substantial discount as a "scratch and dent" model, but I had to ask what the defect was, and couldn't even see it after the representative pointed it out! It might be worth asking EMF if they have any more imperfect ones in stock.

By the way, I shot last summer with the Johnson Creek Regulators in Plymouth. They were a great group and I had a wonderful time. Give them a try if you haven't already.

Archived