SASS Wire Forum

This Kind Of Thing Frosts Me.

Subdeacon Joe

The stupid is strong in this one!!

I don’t have Facebook and it plays for me on my iPhone. 

That guy guy needs a good slap...or six. Actually, let’s make it a dozen. Six per moron.

My dad who was a gun guy all his life and careful had my 6 yr old son with him when he went into a gun store and was checking out a recent addition they had got in. They were the only customers in the shop when they entered and dad didn't notice another guy come in down the counter from them. While he was looking the gun over he had it pointed at the new customer and immediately got a loud "Grandpa!" from my son and a thank you to my son from the new guy.

I don't do facebook and it played fine for me. Stupid A@@#@. And they'll be voting soon.

I usually don't rip into strangers at the range. They would see my range officer hat come out and I would give them further instructions. I do carry my NRA range officer hat on my atv. 

Here's the unfortunate thing. There are a lot of airman that use our range. Someone has failed to instruct them with basic gun handling safety, and I do see stuff like this. Where was the eye protection for the kid in the brown shirt. 

4 hours ago, Assassin said:

I usually don't rip into strangers at the range. They would see my range officer hat come out and I would give them further instructions. I do carry my NRA range officer hat on my atv. 

Here's the unfortunate thing. There are a lot of airman that use our range. Someone has failed to instruct them with basic gun handling safety, and I do see stuff like this. Where was the eye protection for the kid in the brown shirt. 

I  have seen incidents with some Navy guys as well. That’s why I get irritated when I hear the call to let veterans be armed guards at schools. Not all vets are skilled in firearms or use of deadly force. It’s a little more complicated.

I have the same feelings about any retired military securing schools. Special Ops, military police, etc is more practical. I'd prefer training admin, support staff, and teachers. Make them train and do extensive background testing. At least school employees know the lay out of the building. I know the first cop on the scene at Columbine. He told me they didn't know the school lay out and it was a cluster. I think the number of deaths to friendly fire is around 15%, people can't train too much. My brother saw a lot of stuff in Viet Nam, he told me the same thing. Securing a school isn't for every retired veteran or cop.

29 minutes ago, Assassin said:

My brother saw a lot of stuff in Viet Nam

I was starting to think I was the only one who still spelled it that way.  That was how I always saw it in the newspaper.

23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t have Facebook and it plays for me on my iPhone. 

That guy guy needs a good slap...or six. Actually, let’s make it a dozen. Six per moron.

I don't have an iPhone, either.  Never will.

33 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was starting to think I was the only one who still spelled it that way.  That was how I always saw it in the newspaper.

That’s how it is on my in country made headband. Literally “Land of the  Vietsl

FBA95303-C8E7-480E-BEFD-3DD17B223B2E.jpeg

On 3/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, Assassin said:

Same could be said for many, if not most cops.  I've never seen an airman at the range, so perhaps they are worse.  But by far the worst gun handling I've seen has always come from cops.  I suspect the real reason cops like to stick to 'cop only' ranges is so they don't scare the general public. 

I should also note that I can't see the video.  So it could be much worse than anything I've ever seen. 

Archived