SASS Wire Forum

Thank you!

Chili Pepper Jack

I just got home from Darkness Falls/Dark Day and wanted to say thank you to all that helped.

When I arrived I was approached by Yadkin Hawks who I didn't know and was asked about the Race For The Wounded on my truck. I told him it was a charity that I started to help my brothers and sister that were wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan. We talked for a few minutes about it then went on with our day of shooting, I didn't think to much about it I get questions all the time. The next day first thing Yadkin was back and telling me that he had looked a bit at the charity and he was going to ask the gun club to make a donation and would also like to see if they could raise some money at the banquet. Well they did do that and then again at the end of the shoot raising over 1K for the charity! Yadkin along with Confederate Colt and every Cowboy & Cowgirl at the shoot I can not thank you enough! I was very humbled with the outpouring of support from all of you but in all honesty I wasn't surprised by it. The people of SASS are what truly makes this such a special sport, I love to play Cowboy and shoot but if it wasn't for the people I wouldn't keep coming back. Again thank you to all that have helped I will pass this along to the next wounded veteran we will be working with in April Marquis Davis who served for just over 20 years. We will be taking Marquis to the Texas Tornado Bootcamp in April for a 4 day racing school and YOUR donations helped make that possible! 

Thank you,

Chili Pepper Jack

What CPJ glosses over is that he founded this after going to numerous other Veteran charities and found out that a large percentage of donations go into advertising to get, what, more donations.

With this charity 100% of the donations go back to the Vets.

It is run for Veterans by one of the best.

CPJ runs this in his basement taking no money for "administrative costs".

Proud of YOU, Outlaw Brother.

I'm glad you keep coming back.

Waimea

raceforthewounded.com

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

What CPJ glosses over is that he founded this after going to numerous other Veteran charities and found out that a large percentage of donations go into advertising to get, what, more donations.

With this charity 100% of the donations go back to the Vets.

It is run for Veterans by one of the best.

CPJ runs this in his basement taking no money for "administrative costs".

Proud of YOU, Outlaw Brother.

I'm glad you keep coming back.

Waimea

raceforthewounded.com

Thank you Waimea. Had as good a time as I can ask for with you and Bo kicking my butt every big match! :D

Archived