SASS Wire Forum

So what to watch now?

Okie,

Did you watch The Son on AMC or Yellowstone on Paramount? I think Season 1 of The Son is on Netflix and Season 2 is due to start 27Apr. I don't think Yellowstone is on Netflix but they had a streaming service on the Paramount website. They're not of the caliber of HOW or Longmire, but they're OK and interesting.

PF

My wife enjoyed Yellowstone more than me.

I guess I'm spoiled by Justified, Lonesome Dove and Deadwood.

I haven't heard of The Son. It is on Amazon,  but they want 25 bucks to watch season 1. I guess that is pretty cheap entertainment in the big scheme of things. I'll check it out. Heard mixed reviews on Yellowstone, so I won't give Paramount my money. Thanks all.

New season 5 of Bosch starts in a few weeks (April 19).  Prior 4 seasons are on Amazon.  I really love this show; pretty close to the books, but with a few changes to bring the plots into the present century (Bosch is a Vietnam era vet in  the books; Afghanistan in the show).  Titus Welliver (another Deadwood alum) was born to play this title role.  I'm addicted.

LL

Check out Babylon Berlin on Netflix. Not a western but a great show about police and political activities in Berlin during 1920s Weimar Republic.  Like Longmire, it is based on a very popular series of mystery books and was the most popular show in Germany for good reason.  Very different from what we usually see here.  And if you have any interest in early European.32 pocket pistols it seems that practically every character carries a different model. 

Seamus

6 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

New season 5 of Bosch starts in a few weeks (April 19).  Prior 4 seasons are on Amazon.  I really love this show; pretty close to the books, but with a few changes to bring the plots into the present century (Bosch is a Vietnam era vet in  the books; Afghanistan in the show).  Titus Welliver (another Deadwood alum) was born to play this title role.  I'm addicted.

LL

Read and watched all of Bosch. Love it.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Okie,

Did you watch The Son on AMC or Yellowstone on Paramount? I think Season 1 of The Son is on Netflix and Season 2 is due to start 27Apr. I don't think Yellowstone is on Netflix but they had a streaming service on the Paramount website. They're not of the caliber of HOW or Longmire, but they're OK and interesting.

PF

Just watched the first episode of The Son. I'm already hooked. Many thanks.

13 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Just watched the first episode of The Son. I'm already hooked. Many thanks.

Great show, but unfortunately fizzled out.

Ive never outgrown my love for comic book characters.  Both my missus and I enjoy The Flash and Arrow on Netflix.  Some of the characters crossover between the two series in cameo appearances, which just adds to the fun.  Not westerns by any means, but still good guys versus bad guys with neat special effects.

The only old western series I’ve watched again since it originally aired is Maverick.  James Garner episodes mostly.  His later series, “Nichols”, is worth a second spin also.  Its on DVD.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichols_(TV_series)

Hopalong Cassidy movies are running on several retro channels.  Just got through watching the windup of The Bachelor.  Still don't know if Colton lost his virginity...AND I COULD CARE LESS! Whadda wuss! :wacko: :wacko: :rolleyes:  Wife vows she'll never watch another show...but we still wind up watching! :(

The Last Kingdom on NETFLIX.

Its about the Viking invasion of Britain in the time of Alfred. They are up to the 3rd series and plenty more books to cover.

Based on the books of the same name by Bernard Cornwell who wrote the Sharps series.

Archived