SASS Wire Forum

SMITH & WESSON ISSUES M&P15-22 CONSUMER SAFETY ALERT

Pat Riot

For your information. I don’t own one or have a dog in this fight so asking me questions is useless. I just found it and I am posting it in case someone has one of these and might need the info. 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/john-boch/smith-wesson-issues-mp15-22-consumer-safety-alert/amp/

Ordered my tool yesterday.   Not going to send 3 bolts in for nothing..   S&W has always given the highest grade of service that I can expect   You mileage may very.     GW

Makes you wonder what the HS is on the recalled bolts and how they got past QC.

HS is one of the most critical checks there is in gun making.

The bolt on my 10/22 Ruger is .042, and have never had any slam-fire issue, ever.

OLG 

Just called S&W.Have had my 15/22 for a few years.Gave them the SN #,. They said it wasn't on the Recall list ????

Largo

• 2 weeks later...

Got my headspace tool from S&W.  Measures .355  This seems awful tight does't it  Seems my Ruger 10/22 is about .042/.043     Thought I would pass it along encase any of you were interested.      GW

Archived