SASS Wire Forum

working on my 92

I was replacing the magazine spring, follower(both stainless steel) and a DYI Saddle Ring.  Well, the spring & follower were easy(needed a dummy round to move the old follower out) The Saddle Ring was another! Steve said in the instructions it was easy, till you need to pull the hammer spring to slip the paper clip in the hole! NOT EASY!!!! But it looks so cool now. Found out it is Not a Rossi, It is a LSI/Puma 92 ! I found this out when I looked at Buttstock replacements, the Rossi has a plastic flat buttend made of plastic, mine is curved and steel! I then read the small print on the top of the tang, and it said LSI/Puma ! Suprise!! Not a Rossi!! Now I know better. Things you learn while doing part replacements!!

I own several Rossi 92's all that I have slicked up with Steves Info .

All work great .

All are faster then I can shoot .

And NO None are for sale lol

Just sayin .

Rooster 

6 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

The LSI#Puma was built by Rossi. All of the Rossi carbines I ever owned had curved metal buttplates.

Yep Rossi made the Puma and a couple of other variations of the 92.

I have 4 and they all have steel crescent butt plates. Personally I have never seen a 92 clone with anything other than a crescent steel butt plate.

You know there is a hole in the hammer strut so that with the hammer at full cock the spring can be captured making it easy to remove and reinstall. On some rifles the hole is not very big and most paper clips will not fit. I have an assortment of brad nails in various diameters that I use to pin springs in place. The pointed end of the nail makes it easier to hit the hole. If the spring is really strong and causes the nail to bend I use a small drill bit.

I was looking for a Rossi/LSI Puma to trade for my Marlin and there were none to be had! I am trying to get a another rossi/LSI because the marlin feels too heavy to me. I noticed the Marlin is slightly shorter that the Rossi but heaver. If there is some that wants to trade a Marlin(jm stamped barrel) in 38/357  for a Rossi Carbine PM me.

Archived