SASS Wire Forum

Strafford, Missouri area

Lawdog Dago Dom

Shortcake has been looking at homes in this area.

Any insight from any pards about this area would be most welcome.

Ranges, SASS clubs, other fun stuff, etc

The good, the bad and the ugly. (Illinois is getting too silly)

Much obliged,

Lawdog

LDD:

Other than driving through, I know nothing about the area. However, Strafford would put you in easy reach of 4 clubs - Southern Missouri Rangers in Marshfield, Butterfield Trail Cowboys (at the Ozark Shooters range) 20 minutes north of Branson, and the Bear Creek Volunteers & the Liberty Land and Cattle Company, two clubs that share the same range just a couple of miles south of the Ozark Shooters range. I imagine some of the Missouri folks will chime in on the other info. for which you are looking.

CS

I'm a country boy stuck in Springfield.Strafford would be a good location. If you plan carefully you get eight days of shooting within 40 drive tons of excellent cowboys in the area. You have the southern Missouri rangers in Marshfield. Bear Creek and liberty Land between Springfield and Branson. Butterfield between Springfield and Branson and the Ozark posse in cassville all great clubs great people great shooting more fun than one person should be allowed to have

Strafford is a delightful little wide spot on Interstate 44.  Our daughter in law grew up there and her mother still lives there.  But unless I were employed there I would consider Springfield itself.  You are going to be doing most of your shopping in Springfield anyway, and the big hospitals and clinics are in Springfield.  As my pards above have pointed out, you have a lot of cowboy action shooting options.  Not long ago I counted 11 cowboy action clubs within a 3 1/2 hour drive of Springfield, some of them in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.  Missouri is much more gun friendly than Illinois as you probably already know.  There is rural property available in every direction from Springfield, in case that is what is drawing you to Strafford.  Not trying to bad mouth Strafford at all, understand.

J-Bar, you have many good points to consider. We would like rural property. Nothing against neighbors, but some place where the grandkids have room to roam. We are both retired, so part-time jobs in a small town would be a nice fit. Thanks for the reply.

Archived