SASS Wire Forum

Like I said on the other thread, now I have an extra hour after work to ride motorcycles and shoot guns. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy :D

Only good thing about DST.   We got 1 less hour of snow last night!!      GW

I didn't even notice about the daylight saving shift.

It's so utterly inconsequential!

Twice a year, and a one-hour time shift?
Piffle!

I time-shift 52 times a year, in 8-hour increments ... every week I rotate:  midnight shift to afternoon shift to day shift.

Hell of a way to make a paycheck.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I didn't even notice about the daylight saving shift.

It's so utterly inconsequential!

Twice a year, and a one-hour time shift?
Piffle!

I time-shift 52 times a year, in 8-hour increments ... every week I rotate:  midnight shift to afternoon shift to day shift.

Hell of a way to make a paycheck.

I turned down a lucrative job near Alice Springs Australia because of rotating shifts. Schedule was 2 day shifts then two mid shifts then 2 evening shifts followed by 80 hours off. Then the madness starts all over again.

Some Lustrum ago, I worked at several occupations that required frequent changes of shift.  Never could get my Awake/Sleep time adjusted.  Then ...... I became permanently unemployed.  DST holds no terror for me.  I still wake up at roughly the same time every day.  I fall asleep in my Recliner at about the same time every night.  Doesn't matter what the clock says.  

The other serious problem affecting me are Weekends.  Due to the work schedules of "others" my "Weekend" starts of Monday and runs through Friday.  Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for "chores" and errand running and attending CAS matches.  It's actually a pretty tough schedule, but someone has to do it.  :D 

Archived