SASS Wire Forum

PACT Timer repair good expeience

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

I just had a good experience with PACT Timer repair. Our club had 5 timers that needed repair. Went online, paid for a repair, and sent in 5 timers on Monday. On Friday I got all the timers back, fixed. A lot better than I expected. New batteries, sensitivity adjusted, problems resolved.  They repaired timers that we have been using for 12 years.  I was impressed.

2 hours ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

I just had a good experience with PACT Timer repair. Our club had 5 timers that needed repair. Went online, paid for a repair, and sent in 5 timers on Monday. On Friday I got all the timers back, fixed. A lot better than I expected. New batteries, sensitivity adjusted, problems resolved.  They repaired timers that we have been using for 12 years.  I was impressed.

I had a similar experience. Was extremely impressed with them. 

I think it needs mentioned that you are paying to get them shipped back to you. Not paying for the repairs. At least that's my experience.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:22 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Sure wish PACT had not discontinued their powder scales......:(

OLG

What makes them better than others? I have a digital scale with the infrared eye, paired up with a dispenser. I built a wooden frame to hold them both in alignment, but later upgraded to an RCBS Chargemaster combo. The big drawback with the PACT setup was no memory - every time it was shut down, you had to start all over calibrating, etc. for the new load.

1 minute ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

What makes them better than others? I have a digital scale with the infrared eye, paired up with a dispenser. I built a wooden frame to hold them both in alignment, but later upgraded to an RCBS Chargemaster combo. The big drawback with the PACT setup was no memory - every time it was shut down, you had to start all over calibrating, etc. for the new load.

You should check & calibrate your scale every time you go to use it.

Never used mine tied into a PM.

IIRC-Didn't PACT make the RCBS deal at one time?? :huh:

OLG

Not "calibrating" as in using check weights or confirming with another scale (which I do), but also calibrating how long to run in "fast" and "slow" modes with different powders & weights. It takes several minutes every time you shut it off or change charge weights for it to self-adjust/calibrate again.

Archived