SASS Wire Forum

Tejas Caballeros Cops and Cowboys shootout-Need help

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

The Tejas Caballeros need you to come help us defend our honor against the cops who are shooting against us in the 3d annual Cops and Cowboys Shootout scheduled for Saturday March 30, 2019. This event, inspired by our recently departed Jim No Horse, is sponsored by the Texas Republic Ranches Legacy Foundation, a charitable nonprofit devoted to preserving the traditions of the Old West and Cowboy Action Shooting. Proceeds from the event benefit the Hill Country 100 Club, an all volunteer organization devoted to assisting the families of fallen law enforcement officers. The Tejas Caballeros are hosting the event and running the shoot. Here is a link to the entry form: http://tejascaballeros.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/CC-2019-Cowboy-Registration.pdf

In the last 2 events, the cops have taken the trophy, but this time we want a different outcome. But even if you aren’t the fastest shooter around, this is still a worthy cause that deserves your support. We will shoot 6 stages in a one day shoot. The Hill Country 100 Club is providing the lunch for free, and the cost is just $40.

Even better, this event will give you a chance to shoot at Determination, Texas, the Cowboy Action Shooting range set up on a 99 year lease at the Texas Republic Ranch just outside Blanco, Texas. The Tejas Caballeros have been working hard building stages and buying and building targets to make this range a showcase for Cowboy Action Shooting. Ya’ gotta shoot the Cabs! http://tejascaballeros.net/

I'd go...

But that guy in the video (officer of the club), let everyone on our posse (last time I shot there), know that he thinks I'm a Dic@#ead.

So...no, I'm not going.

:lol:

Cheers!

Phantom

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'd go...

But that guy in the video (officer of the club), let everyone on our posse (last time I shot there), know that he thinks I'm a Dic@#ead.

So...no, I'm not going.

Cheers!

Phantom

hahahaha, That sounds like a "for sure" reason to go !!

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'd go...

So...no, I'm not going.

Cheers!

Phantom

I don't always agree with you.

But even when I have been completely 180 degrees opposed to you - you are not a d!@khead.

Never give another shooter control over where YOU choose to shoot.

We would love to have you back Phantom. And good on you shooting on the same posse with that fellow today with nothing but good happening.

Anyway, we are looking for shooters of all kinds, and the entry fee supports a good cause and includes a good lunch. Come on down!

On 3/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice venue and there are lots of good folks there.

I just have my limits;)

I would love to go... but I know my efforts would stymie the chances for the "cowboys" to win... But, I'll go just to help you pizz off the real dic#$%$ad...

It seems that the comments about how horrible the officer of the club is, is an effort to deface the club or play the victim.  I truly wish you had not crossed my line by interfering with my wife's concentration and refusing to stop your childish actions that day.  I really wish if you had things to say to me, that you would say them to me and not use them as a reason to try to deter people from shooting at the Cabs.  Hell, it's not even a valid complaint any longer as I am no longer an officer of that club.  Dave's right, we all had fun shooting on the same posse today, why does this have to continue to be a topic I response to the Cab's efforts to solicit shooters for their match.  

Enough about the "victim."  The Cops and Cowboys match should be. a fun one this year.  Seem like the word finally got out and there should be some fast shooters there to take home the trophy for the cowboys.  Phantom, hope to see you there and maybe we can chat.

5 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

It seems that the comments about how horrible the officer of the club is, is an effort to deface the club or play the victim.  I truly wish you had not crossed my line by interfering with my wife's concentration and refusing to stop your childish actions that day.  I really wish if you had things to say to me, that you would say them to me and not use them as a reason to try to deter people from shooting at the Cabs.  Hell, it's not even a valid complaint any longer as I am no longer an officer of that club.  Dave's right, we all had fun shooting on the same posse today, why does this have to continue to be a topic I response to the Cab's efforts to solicit shooters for their match.  

Enough about the "victim."  The Cops and Cowboys match should be. a fun one this year.  Seem like the word finally got out and there should be some fast shooters there to take home the trophy for the cowboys.  Phantom, hope to see you there and maybe we can chat.

If you would read the above posts, I make no negative comments about the club.

Now here ya are calling me:

1. A crying victim

2. Interrupting shooters concentration...at a monthly...somehow...

3. Childish

4. Trying to deter participation in the Cabs (Show me where).

No need to chat. I don't have to like everyone I shoot with. But a you can see based on my leading the our posse today, I treat everyone at matches in a friendly way so as not to ruin their fun. You may call it childish...whatever. There are multiple posses to sign up with. You can choose to shoot with others. If you shoot with me, I'll treat you the same way as I do any other shooter - respectfully so that you can enjoy your day.

Regarding that day when you started telling folks that I was a D@*khead, you were very frustrated and apparently just wanted to take it out on someone...drag others down. If you think I'm lying about your demeanor and what you said and how you said it, other's on the posse are the one's that told me all about it after the match. Childish...you are the one that stormed through your last stage just dumping out your rounds in a strange display of agitation. 

I like friendly, fun, funny, carefree, can laugh at themselves kind of folks on my posse...perhaps we can even be a bit childish...oh well. Choose another posse if you don't care for these characteristics.

Cheers!

Phantom

9 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Plus +1 

Question:  Do the lawmen have to shoot lead, or is there a provision allowing them to use jacketed/bonded duty ammo?

1 hour ago, David Balthazar said:

Plus +1 

Question:  Do the lawmen have to shoot lead, or is there a provision allowing them to use jacketed/bonded duty ammo?

Dude, you know nothing about things here.  Perhaps you should stick to posting about the horrible taxes you pay for the reason you don't support your LGS 

24 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Dude, you know nothing about things here.  Perhaps you should stick to posting about the horrible taxes you pay for the reason you don't support your LGS 

Hmm... Perhaps you should answer the question, or direct me where to find the answer like a gentleman? 

I thought this forum was a place where folks could go and learn about the CAS sport?

Alas! Rather than using your vast array of stored knowledge, you choose to start another S-storm, ruining another perfectly acceptable thread supporting families of fallen LEOs, and then proceed to insult me personally like the troll you are. 

Obviously, you continue to prove my point and to other folks here.  Stay classy, Phantom--

Back to our regularly scheduled program.....

The lawmen use jacketed ammo supplied at no charge to them by Parabellum Bullets, a great sponsor of the match. The lawmen shoot paper targets set adjacent to the steel we shoot.

The lawmen have a few ringers that come every year--cowboy shooters who are lawmen and know our sequences and practices. It is all good, but the cowboys need to step up our game.

1 hour ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

The lawmen use jacketed ammo supplied at no charge to them by Parabellum Bullets, a great sponsor of the match. The lawmen shoot paper targets set adjacent to the steel we shoot.

The lawmen have a few ringers that come every year--cowboy shooters who are lawmen and know our sequences and practices. It is all good, but the cowboys need to step up our game.

Thank you for your response Dragon Hill Dave.  If my brother and I can't attend, we will gladly make a donation :FlagAm:

4 hours ago, David Balthazar said:

Thank you for your response Dragon Hill Dave.  If my brother and I can't attend, we will gladly make a donation :FlagAm:

Thank you on behalf of the Texas Republic Ranches Legacy Foundation, the Hill Country 100, and the Tejas Caballeros. Hope you can make it.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'd go...

So...no, I'm not going.

Cheers!

Phantom

You'd think someone would have taken that alias by now, but the ladies at the office probably cut them off at the pass. ;)

See below. I forgot to mention--free beer! (after the shoot)

View this email in your browser

b3211aed-791d-4bf8-98d2-0a10959336b5.png

Cops & Cowboys Annual Shootout!

WHEN: 5th Saturday, March 30, 2019
WHERE: 8545 Ranch Road 1623, Blanco

There's an Old West Cowboy Town near Blanco, Texas just west of Austin. All year long, up to 70 cowboys shoot at monthly matches with Old West guns and wear Old West costumes. It's a sight to see!

Once a year, the Cowboys test their Old West guns against modern weapons at the Cops & Cowboys Annual Shootout. Who will win? 

Come see how modern semi-auto weapons stack up against single action revolvers, Winchester '73 rifles, and double barrel coach guns--the Cowboys shouldn't stand a chance. Surprise! Mere seconds determine the outcome!

Cowboys, how fast are you against a semi-auto? Come find out! 

The match fee is only $40. You get:
1. A five-stage match at an Old West Town;
2. A fried catfish lunch; 
3. Free beer donated by Real Ale Brewing of Blanco;
4. To help the Hill County 100 Club;
5. See who's faster; and
5. Winners get belt buckles & names on perpetual trophy!

Sign up today! Match proceeds are donated to the Hill Country 100 Club, which helps widows and children of cops & first responders killed or injured in their line of duty.

Spectators are welcome at No Charge!

MORE INFORMATION:
www.tejascaballeros.net 
Thomas Pollock: tp1836@prodigy.net 
Tel: 512-964-9955
https://www.facebook.com/hc100club/

The Shootout is organized and promoted by:
1. Texas Republic Ranches Legacy Foundation a 501(c)(3) organization (http://texasrepublicranches.org)
2. The Tejas Caballeros Cowboy Shooting Club (www.tejascaballeros.net
3. Necessary financial support for the event is provided by Texas Hill Country area citizens and businesses. 

Farr Ranger
VP Tejas Caballeros

abb9deb4808e7ee8fceaaf7ab102d1ce.png

Cops and Cowboys 2018

Texas Republic Ranch
8545 RR 1623
Blanco TX 78606

Our email address is:
info@tejascaballeros.org
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Wow! What a great response. We now have 46 Cowboys/girls and 9 Lawmen for total of 55. I know it is not a lot of lawmen, but they are potent. If you are not signed up and have the chance to come, still time to do so.We will permit walk on shooters on Saturday morning but to assure we have enough free lunch, we need a heads-up email or phone call by Wednesday, March 27 to:

tp1836@prodigy.net

512-964-9955 call or text

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! We had an excellent shoot today with over 60 Cowboys, Cowgirls, and Law Enforcement types squaring off for the shoot. The Cowboys shot steel and the cops shot paper targets situated right above  the Cowboy Steel targets so that everyone shot the same scenarios. After 5 stages the top 4 Cowboys and the Top 4 cops held a 2 stage shootoff with the team with the lowest total time as the winner.

The Cowboys team of Preacher Kid, Alamo Andy, Slowaz Molasses, and Reverend Trinity shot some smoking stages and took the trophy this time. Thanks to all who came out and especially to our law enforcement personnel (we had 11 LEO shooters) who joined us in a day of fun. We had some tasty fried fish, tater tots, french fries and hush puppies from the Hill Country 100 Club, and we raised some good money for them.  Put this on your calendar for next year.

Archived