SASS Wire Forum

Remington

Howdy 

Picked up my namesake [ Mohawk 600 ] .222 in a sweet deal, would like to get some feedback on this rifle. It was a later model wth 'A before the serial # so trigger is not one that needed recalling. The stock is cheap beachwood, barrel 18 1/ 2'', extractor appears as may give problems, not keen on the plastic trigger guard, general condition is good, barrel bluing needs attention..I love the feel of it but not quite convinced as to keep or move on.

Your experiences & advice etc appreciated.

I bought one new for my son many years ago in .243. Cut off the stock (he was 12 years old then), put a scope on it and he was set for deer & antelope hunting. He is in his 50's now and we restocked it, replaced the plastic trigger guard/magazine cover with a steel one and he has a newer Leupold scope on it. Still shoots sub moa groups. They are a great foundation to work from.

6 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy 

Picked up my namesake [ Mohawk 600 ] .222 in a sweet deal, would like to get some feedback on this rifle.

I have a plain 600 in .243Win. Very loud rifle ! Several hundred groundhogs turned into fox & buzzard food. Love it - light & accurate for a short barrel.

18 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Boy am I a jerk or what?!

:o

1.  Is this a multiple choice question?    :lol::D

2.  Should this topic be discussed on the SASS Wire where only SASS related topics are only to be discussed.

3.  Can BORG be included in the "what" category?   ;)

..........Widder (retired comedian)

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

1.  Is this a multiple choice question?    :lol::D

2.  Should this topic be discussed on the SASS Wire where only SASS related topics are only to be discussed.

3.  Can BORG be included in the "what" category?   ;)

..........Widder (retired comedian)

Stay retired.

:P

46 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I can't be liked by everyone:P

Trust me, it's over rated. Just once I'd like to find someone who doesn't absolutely adore me.:wub:

5 hours ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Trust me, it's over rated. Just once I'd like to find someone who doesn't absolutely adore me.:wub:

I'll volunteer ...  :D

14 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Are Mohawks legal for SASS???

:o

Nah not SASS legal, it was a general firearm related question. Now Phantom don't ya' go picking on me, I'm one of those that likes 'ya :D

I have a Mohawk in 243 very good shooter . A few years ago I picked up another 660 in 308.I put the metal trigger guard on both of them.

I also sent them both off on the Remington Recall for the Trigger malfunction.Need to check into that A freind of mine had the problem with his 700.It would fire when the bolt was closed.

Largo

Archived