SASS Wire Forum

RO 1 Slide Share

BootStrap Phil

Good day all,

Have seen a lot of discussion on classes, RO I, RO II not opening up any new can of worms or such; just wanted to stop by and share a PPT slide show I put together for our club to use. I am sure there will be critique, comments, good idea fairy's but my only intent here was to share so someone could be saved the trouble of the tedious task of putting together a slide show. Feel free to morph and change as you see fit, all information is taken directly from the RO I book and no opinions, techniques, procedures are shared only thing I did is omit real basic stuff like what makes a pew.

Oh one last thing, I have a lot of animation and transitions and designed it so the instructor can click through. So if nothing is happening when you open it up in slide presentation mode just giver a click.

Also I have a You Tube Channel I use to get fun videos out to help folks stay up on rules-called Tasty Tidbits.

R/Bootstrap

RO_1_Course.pptx

13 minutes ago, Flash said:

Is this only for certain people? Because it says "Unavailable" and has an error when i try to access it.

i'm gonna guess it's on your end. It downloaded and works perfectly for me. Might be whatever you're trying to open it on doesnt support pptx files? 

14 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

i'm gonna guess it's on your end. It downloaded and works perfectly for me. Might be whatever you're trying to open it on doesnt support pptx files? 

Well I have apps that open Power Point files and convert power point files but I can't access the file. This is what I get.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.41.49 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.42.27 PM.jpg

Flash,  it's all a plot to keep you out of the loop... :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Flash said:

Well I have apps that open Power Point files and convert power point files but I can't access the file. This is what I get.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.41.49 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.42.27 PM.jpg

Its a diabolical plan to keep TGs from viewing the presentation............... I cant open it either! :(

I'm Gonna try a different browser <_<

Bootstrap Phil, thank you for all of that.  All very informative (though obviously the Power Point is more in depth).

My recommendation is to make a playlist with them in YouTube so folks don't have to hunt for 'em.  As such, here they are as link below which you may want to place in your original post. 

Here is the list of your current Tid Bit vids, 1-8:

Let me try a reload here, also when I get home tonight will look at dropping it on a drop box and share the link. I tried google docs but it distorts the slides and jumbles them all up.

Its a little large to email, but I could break it up into two and do it one at a time, can send me a note at bootstrapphil@yahoo.com and can work on breaking it into two this weekend and get it off to folks.

R/Bootstrap

RO_1_Course.pptx

Great job!

Now if we could have a set of test questions to see if we really know the rules as well as we think we do! 

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Great job!

Now if we could have a set of test questions to see if we really know the rules as well as we think we do! 

Thank you.

I figured that the HQ sent those to you when you scheduled a class and informed them of such? Do the instructors have to make it up based of the gold stars in the book? Not a SASS instructor so not real clear on the admin portion of orchestrating the class; do they send you RO1 pins when complete or before?

Instructor in Army, NRA, and had my own tactical business so like to instruct and design classes and after reading the RO 1 book several times decided to pass the time on a rainy Friday. But as said the SASS side of not sure how they do business minus that a black pin has to give RO I & II class.

R/Bootstrap

One thing I was curious about was the gold star banner that said TO was to never start a shooter in a defaulted position.  I thought that had been changed? Obviously, a TO SHOULD not start anybody in a defaulted position, but it happens and shooter gets a P .

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

One thing I was curious about was the gold star banner that said TO was to never start a shooter in a defaulted position.  I thought that had been changed? Obviously, a TO SHOULD not start anybody in a defaulted position, but it happens and shooter gets a P .

It was a gold star item on Page 50 of RO I book, so I just highlighted to provide emphasis since test question indicated by star. Just a cut and paste job on my part.

Bootstrap

Picture2.jpg

11 minutes ago, BootStrap Phil said:

It was a gold star item on Page 50 of RO I book, so I just highlighted to provide emphasis since test question indicated by star. Just a cut and paste job on my part.

Bootstrap

Picture2.jpg

2017 Version 22.2 has changed verbiage on page 47.

52 minutes ago, BootStrap Phil said:

Thank you.

I figured that the HQ sent those to you when you scheduled a class and informed them of such? Do the instructors have to make it up based of the gold stars in the book? Not a SASS instructor so not real clear on the admin portion of orchestrating the class; do they send you RO1 pins when complete or before?

Instructor in Army, NRA, and had my own tactical business so like to instruct and design classes and after reading the RO 1 book several times decided to pass the time on a rainy Friday. But as said the SASS side of not sure how they do business minus that a black pin has to give RO I & II class.

R/Bootstrap

RO Instructors have access to all the files online and so can print them out if they choose.  We can also call SASS HQ and order materials including tests and pins.

Archived