SASS Wire Forum

Shopping in Texas

Dutch Wheeler

I saw a saying once that if the person helping you at Lowe's is not an employee, you might be in Texas. I had a big cart full of lumber once, loading it into my truck. No one from Home Depot came out to help, but two men and a boy about to go in helped me load it. Gotta love it.

JHC

23 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I saw a saying once that if the person helping you at Lowe's is not an employee, you might be in Texas. I had a big cart full of lumber once, loading it into my truck. No one from Home Depot came out to help, but two men and a boy about to go in helped me load it. Gotta love it.

JHC

You may have been at the wrong store:P

4 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I saw a saying once that if the person helping you at Lowe's is not an employee, you might be in Texas.

I used to work at a small mom n' pop hardware store. Since leaving I've lost count of the number of times I helped someone at Lowes with a plumbing or hardware problem. The poor customer could never find anyone to help them and in the end I'd give up watching the spectacle and go help them out. I figure by now Lowes owes me at least a few hundred dollars in wages.

Oh, and the punch line... after leaving the hardware store I applied to work at Lowes, but they wouldn't take me. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the thread drift. I've seen the above video many times, but sadly the way things are going in Texas soon the out-of-state liberals will outnumber the true Texans there and you won't see so many people carrying.

26 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I used to work at a small mom n' pop hardware store. Since leaving I've lost count of the number of times I helped someone at Lowes with a plumbing or hardware problem. The poor customer could never find anyone to help them and in the end I'd give up watching the spectacle and go help them out. I figure by now Lowes owes me at least a few hundred dollars in wages.

Oh, and the punch line... after leaving the hardware store I applied to work at Lowes, but they wouldn't take me. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the thread drift. I've seen the above video many times, but sadly the way things are going in Texas soon the out-of-state liberals will outnumber the true Texans there and you won't see so many people carrying.

As soon as it is known that an area is SAFE a  certain type of people flock to the area. They then find out things they do not like and try to change it into where they came from as they are insane.

Image result for einstein quote on insanity

11 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

think that's sort of the idea of concealed carry.   

Well, soon it'll get to where you wont want to open carry even where it's legal. WA is open carry, but although I go armed into Seattle all the time I'm always concealed, not so much to hide it from thugs but because I swear most the people there would either throw hot coffee on me or run and call the cops if they saw a gun.

16 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Well, soon it'll get to where you wont want to open carry even where it's legal. WA is open carry, but although I go armed into Seattle all the time I'm always concealed, not so much to hide it from thugs but because I swear most the people there would either throw hot coffee on me or run and call the cops if they saw a gun.

I live in West Central Texas in a small town, work in another 30 miles away, do most of my business in between in Abilene. It is VERY rare to see open carry here. I carry concealed almost all the time, personally I think open carry is a tactical error, but that's another discussion.

My 2 cents,

JHC

Archived