SASS Wire Forum

It’s been awhile , Soooo - what’s for dinner?

Too Tall Bob

Nice mesquite smoked beef briskit has about an hour to go, smoked mac n cheese coming along, apple strawberry pie on the counter cooling and a nice cold pale ale whilst I wait. That’ll do for tonight I think. 

4 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

You really should branch out, Tyrel.

I've got 14 and 11 year old kids, it's quick, on hand, and I'm lazy.  Now ask me on Saturday and it'll probably be something grilled like steak or burgers.

6 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I've got 14 and 11 year old kids, it's quick, on hand, and I'm lazy.  Now ask me on Saturday and it'll probably be something grilled like steak or burgers.

THAT makes sense!!

Leftovers. I love leftovers. 

I tried to to talk my wife into us starting a small business that catered to guys. We would make microwave meals ready to eat and call them “Leftovers”. She wasn’t to keen on the idea but my coworkers thought it was a great idea. 

I'm wore out and the wife is still healin' up from the Epizootic.

I run out and got Beef and Broccoli with an egg roll for her and General Tsao's chicken with an egg roll for me.

Finally found a Chinese restaurant that doesn't put shrimp in the egg rolls.

I have to be really careful, she's deathly allergic to seafood protein, nearly lost her three times one year to allergic reactions.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I tried to to talk my wife into us starting a small business that catered to guys. We would make microwave meals ready to eat and call them “Leftovers”. She wasn’t to keen on the idea but my coworkers thought it was a great idea. 

Hubby prefers leftovers of some things and hates others. Leftovers is not a generic word in our home.

Well, we ended up having egg noodles with IKEA Swedish meatballs smothered in turkey gravy from a jar....Yep, we are still moving in and Yep, it was good. My wife swears there are a couple of missing boxes she packed from our pantry. :lol:

Kaya shot a monster size buck in November sooooooo… last night was venison meatloaf and tonight was venison spaghetti. Venison hamburgers the night before that.

Big bowl of cabbage soup I just made to go with the pork shoulder I smoked this weekend      GW

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was snowed in, with storms coming I didn’t want to waste good will.  I asked a guy I know for a plow after the second storm coming.  It happens that he was on a cruise but he asked another guy to plow me out after said second storm. That’s what good will can get you. 

Sooo. Looking at what was on hand, I had a container of spinach, I love mushroom soup, I made a spinach mushroom soup.  Better with herbs and spices.  I also made a tuna noodle casserole, OMG so much leftovers.  I had some red beans soak, had to use then or toss, made red beans and rice, I used too much cayenne with the beans but it did feed me.

11 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Kaya shot a monster size buck in November sooooooo… last night was venison meatloaf and tonight was venison spaghetti. Venison hamburgers the night before that.

Venison spaghetti??? Was that an Italian buck??? LOL

35 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Venison spaghetti??? Was that an Italian buck??? LOL

May be. Gonna visit some Mexican relatives at taco night here shortly.

We're moving soon and most everything is packed..... so it was two for one burgers at our local pub. Home cooking is maybe a week away.

Fresh shrimp on the Traeger, stuffed, roasted pablano chili’s and wild rice.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, Too Tall Bob said:

Nice mesquite smoked beef briskit has about an hour to go, smoked mac n cheese coming along, apple strawberry pie on the counter cooling and a nice cold pale ale whilst I wait. That’ll do for tonight I think. 

Whats yer address!?

Pizza burgers.  Found them in a snack bar in a parking lot at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1965 copied down the recipe and make them about once every month or so.

Good, simple, filling, and probably not good for me nutritionally, but WTH, I do it anyway.  Wash 'em down with Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, ice tea.or whatever else is in the fridge.

22 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Tonight was shrimp and spinach Alfredo over Angel Hair pasta.  Mighty tasty, if i do say so myself.

YUMMMMM!!!!!

Archived