SASS Wire Forum

Marlin GA .22 rifle

Rye Miles #13621

I just picked this up yesterday, looks like a nice plinker, tube fed .22LR

Anyone have one?

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

If its the Model 60, Yes.

My guess is that many of us have atleast one of them.

I have 2 of them.   A blue in a nice grey laminate stock and a stainless in a Boyd's 'Applewood' laminate stock.

The stainless in its Applewood stock is beautiful.   I wish I knew how to post pics.

..........Widder

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If its the Model 60, Yes.

My guess is that many of us have atleast one of them.

I have 2 of them.   A blue in a nice grey laminate stock and a stainless in a Boyd's 'Applewood' laminate stock.

The stainless in its Applewood stock is beautiful.   I wish I knew how to post pics.

..........Widder

It's not the 60 it's the Model GA2 (????)

5 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Basically it is a model 75C design and function.  The "GA" is there designation for "Great American Game"  a limited edition series Marlin did. 

What does your medallion have on it?

Limited Edition Great American Game Series

It's the basic Marlin action which is a stellar performer. The only reason I went with a Ruger 10-22 is because you can hang a big honking mag under the gun and properly turn money into noise. I have many MANY thousands of rounds through Marlins.

Some more info.

"The Great American Game Series was made by Marlin for Cotter & Company of Chicago, Illinois. C&Co. was a True Value hardware store and there were several different brass medallions used. Your rifle with the fox was made in 1986/1987 and there were 9,465 guns made for C&Co. Courtney's rifle with the squirrel was made in 1983 and there were 4,955 of that series made. "

21 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Some more info.

"The Great American Game Series was made by Marlin for Cotter & Company of Chicago, Illinois. C&Co. was a True Value hardware store and there were several different brass medallions used. Your rifle with the fox was made in 1986/1987 and there were 9,465 guns made for C&Co. Courtney's rifle with the squirrel was made in 1983 and there were 4,955 of that series made. "

;) Interesting, thanks!

Archived