SASS Wire Forum

Finished My Radiation!

Well, I got to ring the triangle at the Radiation suite at the Cancer Module of the General Campus of the Ottawa Hospital, signaling the end of radiation therapy.

Just have to get the Brachytherapy (radioactive seed implants) done at the end of the month.

Side effects of the radiation and hormone therapy are still troublesome, but worth the eventual outcome!!

Great bunch of people seeing all of us cancer patients through this ordeal, but I was a little disappointed about the size and tinkling nature of the dinky little triangle they had, so I brought in my own!

Wore my Stetson and my SASS badge along with my Classic Cowboy First Place buckle.

Thanks to all the Pards who are praying for me and those who spoke with me about this ordeal many of us have gone through or will go through.

Your encouragement means a lot to this old cowboy.

DSCF0013 (1).JPG

DSCF0015 (1).JPG

DSCF0016 (1).JPG

Get well soon pard. I hope your recovery is full and uneventful. My oldest daughter, 42 starts her chemo and radiation next week in hopes of shrinking the tumor so that it can be safely removed. I hate cancer. 

Glad to hear it Cold Lake Kid. :D

I pray your health continues to improve. 

Henry, I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Many congrats!

I 'member mine all too well.

Was so glad to get that schtuff over with as I'm sure you are too.

Do you light up like the Vegas Strip?  Neither did my wife when she went through that ten years ago.

Her longest lasting irritation was where they put the seed in twice a day for fourteen days.  She complained about the itch for six or seven months.

Congrats Cold Lake.  May you remain in remission.

Prayers up Henry.  May you have a complete recovery.

Prayers up for your daughter, Yul.  Hope that a successful surgery is in her future.

Congratulations Cold Lake Kid, Prayers for your continued recovery. I am a survivor as well and just have 3 years of maintenance chemo to go which will be a cake walk. Keep ringing the triangle Pard.

I got to ring the bell in August last year.   Hokie thing to do but I stepped up and rang mine with great vigor.  Feels good to get it over with. My PSA Is continuing to go down.

Congratulations to those who have complete a series of treatments and may we never have to do it again!

Glad to hear the news, and for the others who are currently in the process, I'll keep you in my thoughts and meditations.

Thanks for all the good wishes and knee mail.

It sure helps a persons spirits.

SWMBO and I had supper and spent time tonight at our Church, where we were greeted with open arms and plates full of pancakes and sausages. (Shrove Tuesday)

They didn't even hand me an apron and put me to work in the kitchen this time. 

(But I was told not to get used to loafing around.)

While we were there, we took a few minutes in the Chapel, at the Altar Rail to thank God for his mercies and to pray for the friends here and elsewhere, who are battling cancer.

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! Congratulation! Fight that sucker all the way!!

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Congratulations, CLK! Did you get a certificate to go with it? My SIL did. Luckily, my wife didn't need follow up after her two bouts in the last year. I really detest cancer:blush:

No certificates issued, just some applause and pictures with the radiation team.

Archived