Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Damned Ol' Ranger

Goons Gun Works

Recommended Posts

Howdy All,

This is my first time on the wire and I need some info. On Sept. 4, 2018, I sent two of my Colt 2nd Generation Navies to Goons Gun Works, based on the  Chronicle article by Capt. Geo. Baylor, for reliability work called the Outlaw Mule + , at a cost of $205.00 per revolver. I have had only one contact with the owner, Mike Bracket since. I have called and emailed several times and cannot reach him. I called SASS Headquarters and left a V/M for Misty to ask Capt. Baylor to email or call me if he had a special way

to contact Mike at Goons Gun Works. If anyone out there can help, with info. of any kind, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

Damned Ol' Ranger SASS 4242

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel your pain.  Waited 1 year to get 1 pistol done.  Excellent work, too long on the wait time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His last Instagram post was 2 weeks ago. Do you have his cell number?

 

He's 

@45 Dragoon on here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike worked up my Ruger Old Army Revolvers.  I have to say I'm quite happy with them and his work.  He has a pair of Pietta 1860 Army revolvers now that he's going to be working up.  Can't have too many nice cap guns!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damned Ol' Ranger said:

Howdy All,

This is my first time on the wire and I need some info. On Sept. 4, 2018, I sent two of my Colt 2nd Generation Navies to Goons Gun Works, based on the  Chronicle article by Capt. Geo. Baylor, for reliability work called the Outlaw Mule + , at a cost of $205.00 per revolver. I have had only one contact with the owner, Mike Bracket since. I have called and emailed several times and cannot reach him. I called SASS Headquarters and left a V/M for Misty to ask Capt. Baylor to email or call me if he had a special way

to contact Mike at Goons Gun Works. If anyone out there can help, with info. of any kind, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

Damned Ol' Ranger SASS 4242

This is ridicules!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

This is ridicules!  

 

Edited by Tyrel Cody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies and info. Like the Warden (Struther Martin) said in Cool Hand Luke..."What we have here...is a failure to communicate..."

I spoke with Mike and he misplaced my contact info. He has my revolvers and they are close to being completed. Hopefully in time for the

thaw in NE Ohio.  Thanks again Mike for reaching out.

Damned Ol' Ranger  SASS 4242 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been down that road with another 'smith who is well known to our community. My emails and messages were not returned and the only time I talked to this guy was if he happened to answer the phone when I called. My gun was always "on the bench and close to being completed". It was eventually delivered many months after claiming "It'll be sent out day after tomorrow".  I'm not saying this will happen in your situation.

 

Unfortunately, there are some very talented people out there who are incapable of completing a project in the time frame they estimate. Our money is paid up front and we're left dangling after the gun has been sent and the check has cleared. We're discouraged/forbidden from discussing negative experiences on this forum. I understand that to a point, but I found after the fact that my experience with this 'smith was fairly common among folks with whom I shared my story. Had I known his reputation beforehand, I would have sent my gun to another well known 'smith who delivers what and when he says. Wish we had a customer review rating system similar to what's common online with other products and services.

 

I truly hope your situation is resolved as promised. Good luck!

 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am personal friends with Mike .

I will reach out to him today and draw his attention to this posting here .

Mike is a 100% stand-up guy .

I have not talked to him in about two weeks .

Before Pards start throwing someone under a buss maybe they should look in to things first !

Rooster .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I am personal friends with Mike .

I will reach out to him today and draw his attention to this posting here .

Mike is a 100% stand-up guy .

I have not talked to him in about two weeks .

Before Pards start throwing someone under a buss maybe they should look in to things first !

Rooster .

Maybe before you do that read the whole thread; Mike has contacted the OP already. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Maybe before you do that read the whole thread; Mike has contacted the OP already. 

Missed that one lol.

I just talked to Mike .

All is good .

Thank you .

Rooster 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Damned Ol' Ranger said:

Thanks for all the replies and info. Like the Warden (Struther Martin) said in Cool Hand Luke..."What we have here...is a failure to communicate..."

I spoke with Mike and he misplaced my contact info. He has my revolvers and they are close to being completed. Hopefully in time for the

thaw in NE Ohio.  Thanks again Mike for reaching out.

Damned Ol' Ranger  SASS 4242 

Please keep us updated.

Were you given any ETA, after all this time? :huh:

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy OLG,

Mike hopes to ship by the end of next week...here's hopin'.

Ranger

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps before we buy any goods or services, we should post a question about the vendor on the wire, and ask for PMs relating to his turn around time and service.

I ordered a pair of holsters from a  vendor whom I later learned was (in)famous for being SLOW!  I got lucky and received my holsters after only a 3 month wait, but found that others were not so fortunate.

 

Duffield

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've know Mike for quite a few years now. Although he has never worked on one of my guns for me (I do all my own work) I have owned quite a few that he did work on and he does fantastic work! The one that amazed me the most was a cap and ball 73 by ASM I bought. That thing was smoother than my stainless ROA! He fire blued all the screws and it was gorgeous! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Perhaps before we buy any goods or services, we should post a question about the vendor on the wire, and ask for PMs relating to his turn around time and service.

I ordered a pair of holsters from a  vendor whom I later learned was (in)famous for being SLOW!  I got lucky and received my holsters after only a 3 month wait, but found that others were not so fortunate.

 

Duffield

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy Duffield,

 I liked the article by Capt. Baylor in the Chronicle and I wanted my Cap guns to go off every time and be reliable. My days of fast running games are over and

my goal is shoot clean taking my time as fast as I can. I spoke with Mike before sending my revolvers to him and I liked what he told me, and what

I saw on his web site. I believe I was correct in my selection.

Ranger

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.