SASS Wire Forum

What's your flavor?

Faith Trek

In one of my posts, Mr. Charlie Harley mentioned that the picture had been posted before.

This raised a couple of questions.

How does one determine in 1156 posts that they don't repeat a topic? Or does that not matter?

Secondly, what kind of posts is everyone looking for in the first place.

So far I've seen an eclectic mix of different types of postings, from cartoons, old military stuff, pictures of back yards, etc.

Is there anything most of you ARE NOT interested in seeing?

Would like to contribute positively.

Well, FT, let me formally welcome you to the Saloon. This is the place where folks gather to talk about pretty much everything that’s not directly related to ringing steel at a cowboy shoot. 

Movies, history, family, stupid jokes, prayers and good wishes in time of need, non-cowboy history guns, travel, RVs,....  You get the picture. 

In general, it’s like what you’d expect to find in a neighborhood bar. Some of us have been around since the early days of the SASS Forums. Others are newer.

In general, be polite, treat folks as if we were all in person, and let folks get to know you. You’ll be hard pressed to find a nicer group of folks to hang out with. 

39 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Well, FT, let me formally welcome you to the Saloon. This is the place where folks gather to talk about pretty much everything that’s not directly related to ringing steel at a cowboy shoot. 

Movies, history, family, stupid jokes, prayers and good wishes in time of need, non-cowboy history guns, travel, RVs,....  You get the picture. 

In general, it’s like what you’d expect to find in a neighborhood bar. Some of us have been around since the early days of the SASS Forums. Others are newer.

In general, be polite, treat folks as if we were all in person, and let folks get to know you. You’ll be hard pressed to find a nicer group of folks to hang out with. 

+10

Things I have learned

Avoid using odd fonts. Many Saloonatics use older PCs and Tablets and they don't always look the same as they do on your PC.

ACS ( Always Capitalize Saloon )

Be nice Bottles the Bartender.

Welcome

Almost Forgot the second most important tradition.... The New guy buys the first 10 rounds. :P :D

Well since you asked here are a few that come to mind that are not off limits. The old one of all of the ladies with cats on leashes is kind of a tribute to Allie Mo and all of her cat pictures that she’s posted over the years. The bottle of scotch is way to pricey for me but it’s something to dream about and of course old cars, dogs and coffee are always good subjects and we talk a lot about ex-wives (I call them practice wives) so I've posted a picture of a couple of mine. So Faith Trek, it’s kinda hard to tell your gender with that alias but that doesn’t really matter because we’re all friends in the Saloon. Welcome.

40CF3E43-E5BC-48B9-9AD2-084118EF8242.jpeg

450CBFA7-1CD4-4A7C-9898-E7583BFE0B54.jpeg

055A0D24-F762-4039-9D01-F4E5AC488056.jpeg

C48AE53F-DD46-4062-86DD-52AE8CA19261.jpeg

A5CA42B7-EE9A-471B-94FB-B99242D40D8D.jpeg

E0970430-600C-469D-973D-67CA7A2A6675.jpeg

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Welcome, Faith.   

Flavor?  

Coffee.  Single malts.  Meat, both grilled and BBQed.  Pie.  Pi.  Chili.  History.  

Seems like a lot of folks don't know the difference between grilled and BBQed!

Blackfoot:huh:

Welcome, Faith Trek :D

As long as you follow the Wire rules and Guidelines pretty much anything is up for discussion, entertainment or just plain ol’ comradery.

Politics is kept to a dull roar and discussions regarding Second Amendment issues are steered towards the TEAM SASS forum.

Other than that it’s an open discussion forum, for the most part.

Welcome in! 

Bottles, I’ll have a large black coffee. Gotta go to work. Put it on Faith’s tab. ;)

You really should identify your gender.  If male you owe us all a night on the town, but then if you are of the female persuasion then we all owe you.  Most of us tend to like the female side of our species

11 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Welcome! Where you from?

52 minutes ago, Noz said:

You really should identify your gender.  If male you owe us all a night on the town, but then if you are of the female persuasion then we all owe you.  Most of us tend to like the female side of our species

Slim / Noz:

Updated my profile.

I see how this new guy stuff works.

I'm off the WIRE overnight and look at my tab....:blink:

207490556_RestaurantCheckSpindle.JPG.07b3da322745cea4997d67caaf8b2bcb.JPG

Bottles,

Go ahead and keep putting them on my tab, I'll make good on them all. :ph34r:

Dang, welcome Faith Trek, I was off a while, just ask Noz or his evil twin, add one more to that tab, I'll have a sasper. :D

I start it: Don't buy anything until you have gone to several shoots and try guns til you find what you like.  Rarely will you find a cowboy that won't happily let you shoot his guns (using his ammo of course).

56 minutes ago, Noz said:

I start it: Don't buy anything until you have gone to several shoots and try guns til you find what you like.  Rarely will you find a cowboy that won't happily let you shoot his guns (using his ammo of course).

This

Go to a match or two and offer to pay for the ammo you use. It will be politely refused but it means a lot. After a match or two you’ll know what factory ammo to buy. Then inquire as to who has firearms and leather the might sell. 

Don't worry about repeating something that has been posted here before.  These guys are so old they need to hear it now and again because they forgot it from the first time.:P     We tell stories so often we forget who we told them to.  A good reminder is pleasant every so often.

Like they said, find a club, hang out, help out and folks will let you try their hardware.  You will be better equipped to decide which route to take after that.  What you shoot will also help you decide your cowboy persona, style, dress, leather, etc.

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

This

Go to a match or two and offer to pay for the ammo you use. It will be politely refused but it means a lot. After a match or two you’ll know what factory ammo to buy. Then inquire as to who has firearms and leather the might sell. 

In addition--offer to help out with chores at the match, brass picking is a good way to start.  Pay attention to what everyone is doing when they are not shooting.  Hanging out at the loading table will give you a ton of info as well.

17 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Well since you asked here are a few that come to mind that are not off limits. The old one of all of the ladies with cats on leashes is kind of a tribute to Allie Mo and all of her cat pictures that she’s posted over the years. The bottle of scotch is way to pricey for me but it’s something to dream about and of course old cars, dogs and coffee are always good subjects and we talk a lot about ex-wives (I call them practice wives) so I've posted a picture of a couple of mine. So Faith Trek, it’s kinda hard to tell your gender with that alias but that doesn’t really matter because we’re all friends in the Saloon. Welcome.

Practice wives, huh Yul????  Boy, the first liar don't stand a chance 'round here!

Sure wish Sixgun and Trekker would edit out Swinesteins picture. I've got to eat today and I just lost my lunch.

6 hours ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Practice wives, huh Yul????  Boy, the first liar don't stand a chance 'round here!

Believe it or not their names are Ginger and Mary Anne, Ginger is the tall one.

19 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Believe it or not their names are Ginger and Mary Anne, Ginger is the tall one.

I gotta feelin this is going to end badly....:lol: 

{after about page 4};)

4 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Sure wish Sixgun and Trekker would edit out Swinesteins picture. I've got to eat today and I just lost my lunch.

Just try flipping back and forth between that picture and Yul's. Does some pretty weird things to ya. Pretty soon you'll start seeing her head on their bodies. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

7 hours ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Practice makes perfect!:blush:

Looking at the picture of the two young ladies, I am reminded of the old dog chasing the school bus. I might be able to catch it (at the next stop) but I wouldn't remember what to do with it.

56 minutes ago, Noz said:

Looking at the picture of the two young ladies, I am reminded of the old dog chasing the school bus. I might be able to catch it (at the next stop) but I wouldn't remember what to do with it.

It's like riding a uh...….. what are them things called? um, a     dang

10 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Just try flipping back and forth between that picture and Yul's. Does some pretty weird things to ya. Pretty soon you'll start seeing her head on their bodies. :wacko:

We ain't had a decent fight in a spell. I think we need to jump you and give you a first class butt whippin' for posting that!

qnheikrulc8y8lyc.jpg?skj2io4l

Archived