SASS Wire Forum

WTB Lipsey's/Ruger Vaquero .44 spl, 4 5/8", SS & .32-20 Cattleman

I need one more -

Model #05147, catalog #KNV-44S

Not interested in 3 1/2" barrel, blue finish, or other calibers.

(edit) Also looking for a 5 1/2" full-size 1873 .32-20 Cattleman revolver.

A pair I've got... two and a half pairs actually. I like my revolvers in sets of three (gotta have a backup, ya know), so I need one more so I can set three up with SBH hammers, and leave three with the stock hammers. :)

Five is right at 1% of the total production in this configuration (503), and yet I still want one more! :lol:

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

In addition to the Ruger, I'm also looking for a 5 1/2" full-size 1873 .32-20 Cattleman revolver. :)

I almost made up my mind to offer you my Uberti 32-20. Then I went to get the lawnmower out of the shop...saw the tray of loaded 32-20 ammunition sitting there on the bench, shot most of them and had a change of heart. BUT, all is not lost.

I bought mine from Dixie Gun Works last November when they were on sale for $450. Well guess what? They're on sale again for the same price! 

Contrary to their description, mine has the wide rear and front sight, and came with the 4-click hammer with the pivoting hammer block, is timed perfectly, and is close to the best fitted and finished Uberti I've ever owned.

Uberti%2032-20%20Right%20side_zpszyupj4a

Uberti%2032-20-3_zpswtygfpxg.jpg

9 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Holy crap, they want $48.95 for shipping. Won't ship any way but next day air. :(

Shippers such as UPS and FedEx require expedited (expensive) shipping. The cheapest way is USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail but for some reason so few dealers ship handguns that way.

6 minutes ago, Cholla Hill Tirador said:

Shippers such as UPS and FedEx require expedited (expensive) shipping. The cheapest way is USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail but for some reason so few dealers ship handguns that way.

My FFL told me they don't have to ship overnight through either UPS or FedEx and his rate is slightly higher than USPS; even though the rate is slightly higher he uses UPS/Fedex because they will pick the package up at his shop. 

7 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

according to Fedex an UPS websites, expedited shipping is required for handguns.

ok, quite possible I misunderstood him. 

It must be expedited shipping through fed ex or ups

Dealers may ship through post office though, and yes very few do

They have to go to the post office to do it while fed ex or ups will come to there door. 

Most dealers are not paying for the shipping so they dont care

I have no doubt that some dealers ship UPS or FedEx ground and just don't tell the shipper it's a handgun. 

When I had an FFL I used my USPS account and used medium Flat Rate boxes to ship handguns for less than $15 excluding insurance. I'd print the shipping label at home, walk up to the counter at the Post Office, hand them the box with the label already on it along with a Form 1508, and turn around a walk out. Super cheap, super easy.

56 minutes ago, Dakota Steele SASS# 34757 said:

How about any 73's in 32-20 or a 66?

Would you happen to need any of those?

I also have a set of 5.5 32-20s maybe we can make a package deal

If the rifles are round barrel carbines, and the revolvers are full-size 1873's (Not Model P Jr. or Stallion frames) I might be interested.

Archived