SASS Wire Forum

Surgery

Wapaloosie73

Been suffering vertigo, numbness and weakness for a year now. (Cervical spondylitis myelopathy or pinched spinal cord) Have not been working or driving.

Getting two artificial discs put in March 13th to relieve pressure on spinal cord.

I played football for about 15 years and suffered several stingers.

Anyhow I'd appreciate yer prayers! 

Prayers heading south from the Northern side of the Medicine Line.

More prayers from down south, Wapaloosie...

For what it's worth, I know a few people who've had similar procedures ~ all doing well.  One friend was pretty much crippled and in constant, serious pain... had the procedure about ten years ago when she was in her mid 50's.  These days, at age 65, she's a cycling nut (done a few hundred milers!) with zero pain.  

Good luck to ya!

Standin' up on my knees for you, pard!
I'm with Hardpan on this: I've worked with many knee and hip replacement patients who did really, really well, and though I never worked directly with your particular surgery, I've never known one to have a bad follow-up.

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give him strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon him. Bless the means employed for the working out of his cure, granting that he may so endure his sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of his body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of his soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Prayers heading up. May you have a quick and successful recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Im alive! Hurts bad! But alive!!!

2EE082E4-1B9E-4355-80B2-67E6D823D5C1.jpeg

Someone has to do it:

That out of the way, I offer:

Holy Father, the only true physician of our souls and bodies, who cast down and lift up, accept me as I come in all humility to glorify you and thank you for preserving, by your grace, your servant through his  recent operation.
We thank you for blessing the attending physicians and the means employed for his cure, and for restoring him safe and sound to his family and Church, having fended off every danger against his body and soul.
Raise him speedily, we pray you, from the bed of illness on which he lies and return him to his  home and peaceful pursuits. Grant that the suffering of his body may avail for the purifying of his  soul and may lead him to return, in thanksgiving, to the works of his hands and to Christ Jesus, the Physician of soul and body.
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Wapaloosie,

That is great news. :D

Please do yourself and your family a favor. Follow the doctor’s instructions for a good recuperation. Trust me on this. If he/she says “No lifting over ___ pounds” heed that advice...heed all their advice. 

Another thing I found was Ibuprofen is a fantastic pain reliever and rivals opiates once your initial surgery pain becomes more tolerable. Four Ibuprofen do just as well as 12.5 mg of Hydrocodone...for me, anyway. Just be careful with the pain meds.

I am glad to hear you came through okay and you are doing well. 

Don’t do to much to soon and them doctors tell you to avoid things for a reason. Had I not tried to shower by myself back in the fall of 92 I wouldn’t have taken a fall in 92 in the shower and needed another major operation. Get well soon, all of the pain and discomfort will be worth it.

I somehow missed this at the time you posted it. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and meditations as you recover 

Archived