SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range 2020

Jackaroo, # 29989

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Jackaroo,

This is just my thinking, but if SASS has now decided on the 'Citizen' requirement, then I would hope

it applies to EVERY SASS National Championship and not just for the USA.

I ain't trying to be argumentive.  

Although I have never visited WR or EOT, I have always been under

the assumption that citizenship was a requirement to be a 'National' Champ.

OF course, I never thought much about the differences of Citizen and Resident until this topic came up.

My guess is that all future 'SASS National Champions' will only be awarded to a citizen of the country

which is hosting the championship match.

I would be eager to see SASS's position on that.

To my limited knowledge on the subject, I 'think' there are also permanent Residents of the US which

I thought would be eligible as a Natl Champ..... but I honestly don't know how that works out.

..........Widder

Hi Widder,

if sass want to make it that way, that's fine, I don't have a problem with it of course, I'm not a Citizen. But in the past it is the understanding of State and Regional champs that if you lived, have a house, address and reside in the area, you are eligible , not that any of that affects us any longer. 

Obviously sass has had a rethink!

2 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Hi Widder,

if sass want to make it that way, that's fine, I don't have a problem with it of course, I'm not a Citizen. But in the past it is the understanding of State and Regional champs that if you lived, have a house, address and reside in the area, you are eligible , not that any of that affects us any longer. 

Obviously sass has had a rethink!

I think there is a difference between a resident of a State and a Citizen of the United States (Nation).

I do feel for you two as you both have given so much to matches that have been run in this country...so as far as earning a right to compete for the National Championship, you guys have done that. Unfortunately I don't think that'll be enough.

Respectfully,

Phantom

On 3/2/2019 at 5:15 PM, Rattler said:

It’s pretty simple, just become a US Citizen!:):FlagAm:

Heh, Heh, yea easier said than done pard, maybe we should just go to Mexico, swim the Rio and say Hola on the other side.:wub:

I'd give anything to become a citizen.:(

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
18 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Heh, Heh, yea easier said than done pard, maybe we should just go to Mexico, swim the Rio and say Hola on the other side.:wub:

What seems to be the issue. :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

What seems to be the issue. :FlagAm:

It's very difficult to become a U.S. Citizen...if you deal with citizenship issues (ie: transfer guns), you'd know all about how difficult it is.

Phantom

22 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

I suggested this very route before you left! Seek asylum!!! Miss you guys! 

Archived