SASS Wire Forum

Now that's funny . . . .

Lawdog Dago Dom

Chicago Alderman John Arena, who made it a practice to be a jerk to police and firefighters, lost his bid for re-election.

His replacement? A Chicago Firefighter/EMT who hammered him in the polls.

The morning after the election some anonymous person(s) had a stack of moving boxes delivered to Arena's office.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2019/02/all-right-you-jokers.html

My brother in law was a sgt for a small city dept in Florida. The town manager was also a jerk to the cops and firemen. Cutting budgets and personnel, no raises etc.

The circus came to town and the put an add in the paper that anyone could come out and get free elephant dung for fertilizer. So my fed up BIL stopped by a local bakery, got a cake box, and filled it with the aforementioned pachyderm excrement. As the shift commander, he had a key to all the offices, so that night he left it on the manager’s desk with a nice Thank You for Everything You’ve done greeting card. Then he went on a week vacation. 

When he got back there was a full blown IA underway and they were fixing to hammer another sgt. He marched into the managers office, laid his badge on the desk and said, “I did it. Adios”. Came back for his final paycheck the next week and was hailed as a hero by the officers. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My brother in law was a sgt for a small city dept in Florida. The town manager was also a jerk to the cops and firemen. Cutying budgets and personnel, no raises etc.

The circus came to twn and the put an add in the paper that anyone could come out and get free elephant dung for fertilizer. So my fed up BIL stopped by a local bakery, got a cake box, and filled it with the aforementioned pachyderm excrement. As the shift commander he had a key to all the offices so that night he left it on the manager’s desk with a nice Thank You for Everything You’ve done greeting card. Then he went on a week vacation. 

When he got back there was a full blown IA underway and they were fixing to hammer another sgt. He marched into the managers office, laid his badge on the desk and said, “I did it. Adios”. Came back for his final paycheck the next week and was hailed as a hero by the officers. :lol:

Utah Bob,

Sometimes falling on your sword for the betterment of the overall organization is the right thing to do. Great story!

"Who dares, wins" DOL

Archived