SASS Wire Forum

EMF/Pietta Price Increases

Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438

Got an e-mail ad from EMF this morning; followed the link, and, BAM ! - looked at the prices.

I bought my Pietta 1851 Colt Capt. Schaeffer pistols about a year ago, at $395 each; price now is $540!!!!

I bought my Pietta 1851 Colt Navy Deluxe U.S. Marshals shortly before that, at $375 each; now $421 (or $505/$515 with upgraded grips).

Price of steel in Italy must have gone up!!

LL

3 minutes ago, David Balthazar said:

I was just going to ask where the best prices were for Piettas!!

Your local dealer.  I have an EMF Californian (Pietta) inbound right now for considerably less than their list price. That said, if you have a SASS # EMF will give you a discount if you order direct.

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Why don't they just make the Italian clones here in America? Simple

To dang many federal regs to deal with.

Much higher pay scale here.

The list could go on for pages.

OLG

3 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Wait, you mean clones of Italian pistols, or Italian clones of American pistols made here? I'm so confused!

bodeo.jpg

I mean American copies of the Italian clones of the American single action revolvers. Hahaha. Just funnin' 

I know it would be way too hassle loaded to make them here. If it coulda been done cheap enough and easy enough, Mike Harvey or Val Forgett woulda done it eons ago. Anyone who's tried has gone the way of the Dodo.

2 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I mean American copies of the Italian clones of the American single action revolvers. Hahaha. Just funnin' 

I know it would be way too hassle loaded to make them here. If it coulda been done cheap enough and easy enough, Mike Harvey or Val Forgett woulda done it eons ago. Anyone who's tried has gone the way of the Dodo.

Standard Manufacturing is making a single action.   Reports are that it's top notch.   But 3x 4x price of Uberti, Pietta or Ruger.  And very few variations. 

37 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Standard Manufacturing is making a single action.   Reports are that it's top notch.   But 3x 4x price of Uberti, Pietta or Ruger.  And very few variations. 

Nice single actions but I can hear the calling of the Dodo bird. 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

I wasn't impressed with what I saw at the Shot Show.

What I do find amusing is folks that have no idea what the costs are to run a said business and still be profitable bit*&ing about the cost of something...basically implying that the said business is just ripping them off.

It's funny to me...but then I have a strange sense of humor...

:mellow:

anyone looking to pick up some pietta sa-73's in 4.75" or 5.5" before the price increase hits the stores check out cabelas. They have matte finished for $349 and case hardened or stainless for $399 right now. The Wheeling WV store has a few of each in stock. 

8 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

anyone looking to pick up some pietta sa-73's in 4.75" or 5.5" before the price increase hits the stores check out cabelas. They have matte finished for $349 and case hardened or stainless for $399 right now. The Wheeling WV store has a few of each in stock. 

I believe all those have transfer bars, so hard pass.

Just now, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well let's just say that I didn't feel the need to stick around their booth...

WOW- That bad then.........:(

Wonder what happened, after they had received some very favorable reviews?

TNK for the 'heads-up' :excl:

Wonder if they will go the USFA route now?:rolleyes:

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WOW- That bad then.........:(

Wonder what happened, after they had received some very favorable reviews?

TNK for the 'heads-up' :excl:

Wonder if they will go the USFA route now?:rolleyes:

OLG

Well perhaps they put their crap out at the booth ... I don't know,  but yeah I want impressed.

Phantom

6 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Isn’t that exactly what the standard is? A clone of usfa, which was a clone of an uberti. 

8 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

I'm pretty sure you are correct. but dont ruger nmv also have transfer bars? 

Yes. But a Pietta with a transfer bar is nowhere near equal to a Ruger with a transfer bar. 

2 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Isn’t that exactly what the standard is? A clone of usfa, which was a clone of an uberti. 

It was a joke. Sorry. They are ALL clones or copies or reproductions of Col. Colt's Peacemaker.

Which is too rich for my blood. So... Italia it is.  Or Ruger. Have em both.

47 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

It was a joke. Sorry. They are ALL clones or copies or reproductions of Col. Colt's Peacemaker.

Which is too rich for my blood. So... Italia it is.  Or Ruger. Have em both.

I was joking as well. An American clone of another American clone of an Italian clone of an American gun. My sense of humor is a little dry right now as I’m recovering from the flu

20 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

If they made 'em here they'd be double!!

These new prices are MSRP, your LGS should be able to do better than that!;)

15 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I would like to see Miroku make a reproduction Colt SAA.   I bet it would be a better built gun than Uberti or Pietta.  

I would love to see one!  And I would love to have them make a 1876 Winchester in .45-60 while they are at it!  

On 2/28/2019 at 11:58 AM, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

AWA did that. They assembled Italian parts into a fairly decent Single Action and then touted them as Made in the USA

Archived