SASS Wire Forum

Deleted

MBFields

1 hour ago, MBFields said:

Stainless steel, consec serial numbers, full race job with half cock hammers. Aspen Filly engraving. Have original grips along with stag grips pictured. These were new in summer of 2017. Smooth and fast. $2300

IMG_20180910_143158988.jpg

Those look very nice!  I have two sets of 38s from Cowboy Gunworks.  Jimmy does the best action work for cowboys - period (in my humble opinion).  Nice guns and grips too!  Good luck!

They should be montado hammers as these are sass vaquero's.

These are great firearms. My Brother (Ripple) and I have pistols tuned and fancied-up by Jimmy Spurs. Your two pistols have the added engraving of Aspen Filly. I would encourage anyone interested in the best to latch on to these. Nothing better to me. I am also really particular about the length because I feel the balance is better. In other words, ain't nothing better!

2 hours ago, MBFields said:

Think Ruger is 4.62? It is that or 4.75.

Speak American MB    They are 4 5/8         LOL     GW

13 minutes ago, MBFields said:

You're not funnin me again are you GW?:D

I wouldn't do that.   Honest       GW       By the way . Nice pistols,      

Pretty sure those aren't SASS Vaquero hammers, as the Montados that come on those are much lower. Jimmy likes old style Blackhawk hammers which is what he installed on mine. I'm thinking that's what they are. I have two pairs of Jimmy Spurs 38/357's & a pair of Spurs 32's that my wife shoots. It would be hard to imagine guns that are slicker & also stone-cold reliable. These look really nice with the engraving. I'm thinking whoever gets these babies is going to be very, very happy.

Very familiar with the spectacular work of Jimmy Spurs.  What can you tell folks about the engraving done by Aspen Filly engraving?

Not short stroked and do have transfer bars removed. They are the montado hammers that SASS vaqueros came with. Repeat, these are sass vaqueros souped up by Jimmy Spurs.

23 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Speak American MB    They are 4 5/8         LOL     GW

By the way, they are 4.62" by rugers specs.

As far as Aspen fillies engraving, is just more her making suggestions and then me saying yes. They are simple enough without being to busy. Fun to watch her layout the pattern.

Archived