SASS Wire Forum

Rank Confusion

Subdeacon Joe

Thanks Joe.

Always enjoy seeing old newspaper articles, especially when they reflect the types of funny memes that get posted to our forum.

I have to admit though that your title had me thinking a different rank confusion:

116678347_RankConfusion.jpg.1d6c0a963f73d1ebf675c43a4ce31423.jpg

When I graduated High School there was a kid named Marty Seamen at that high school.

When I was in Boot Camp, on mess duty, who should come through my line? None other than Seaman Recruit Seaman. I lost track of him but I am sure his name caused him some problems and probably some funny situations. 

14 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When I graduated High School there was a kid named Marty Seamen at that high school.

When I was in Boot Camp, on mess duty, who should come through my line? None other than Seaman Recruit Seaman. I lost track of him but I am sure his name caused him some problems and probably some funny situations. 

A guy named Seaman joined our VFW post last year. He was army so he said there was less confusion during his hitch. ;)

John Darling, a Sheriff in Cache County, Utah used to tell about a Naval officer who chewed out a female LJG for calling him darling.

After it got straightened out, and quite a number of years later, they got married (He and the lady officer, not chewer-outter).

I've known a bunch of people with unusual names. 

Jack Frost...Woodland, Washington

Walter Raleigh...Logan, Utah

William Tell...Seal Beach, California

John Wayne (x2)...Parris Island, SC and Machinato, Okinawa

Dale Evans (he had a hard time with that)...Logan, Utah

Nova Caine...Logan, Utah

Bill Bailey (x 2)...Kadena,Okinawa and Pomona, California

Harry Bald...SannDimas, California

A young lady that I have worked with for nearly 20 years, her maiden name is Ensign. 

She had a brother, that served in the Navy, and made it to the rank of Ensign.  

So, you guessed it, he was known as Ensign Ensign!  :lol: 

Archived