SASS Wire Forum

Deletion recovered.

Picture was too big but I got a smaller version down the thread, advertising my new business.

I am now looking for customers.

58 minutes ago, DocWard said:

What's a Lete?

Lete (Mygdonia)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

Macedonia and the Chalcidice
Lete (Ancient Greek: Λήτη or Λητή) was an ancient city in Mygdonia, Macedon and Roman Catholic titular see in the Roman province of Macedonia.

History
Lete is known by its coins and inscriptions, mentioned in Ptolemy (III, xiii), the Pliny the Younger (IV, x, 17), Harpocration, Stephanus Byzantius and Suidas in Antiquity and in the Middle Ages in Nicephorus Bryennius (IV, xix). The spelling "Lite" is incorrect and comes from iotacism.

In its necropolis was found the Derveni papyrus.

Lete appears in some Notitiæ episcopatuum of a late period as suffragan of the Archbishopric of Thessalonica, later united to the See of Rentina. Lete and Rentina even had Greek (Orthodox) bishops until the eighteenth century.

Lete became the small village of Aivati/Ajvatovo situated a little north of Thessaloniki. Bulgarian revolutionary Andon Dimitrov was born there in 1867.

The site of Lete is the near the modern Liti.[1]

Now wait.  Letes and Lerts are COMPLETELY different species.  You gotta be careful.  See the sign??  Says "Keep a lert" .... OK,  now that you've got a lert, what ya gonna feed the thing.  Then they want ya to "be a lert"  How, zactly, you gonna do that??  I've never seen a lert.  I have now clue about letes.  This considering makes my head hurt.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Picture was too big

Yer just braggin

On 3/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, Michigan Slim said:

Yer just braggin

Not at my age.

I KNOW my limitations!

OK, here is what I tried to post:

An advertisement for my new business: Dentistry.

It's an offshoot of my cabinetry business, the advantage being I can use many of the same tools!

Cold Lake Kid Dentistry and Cabinet Maker.jpg

You'll notice I have my shooting ear plugs in?

They do double duty for shooting and screaming patients.

Red Storm, (the patient) is slowly recovering and is now able to eat mush and other soft or creamed foods.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Now wait.  Letes and Lerts are COMPLETELY different species.  You gotta be careful.  See the sign??  Says "Keep a lert" .... OK,  now that you've got a lert, what ya gonna feed the thing.  Then they want ya to "be a lert"  How, zactly, you gonna do that??  I've never seen a lert.  I have now clue about letes.  This considering makes my head hurt.

I don't know, but I was talking to a guy at the store last night, and he said he came for a specific item that we didn't have, and that he was a Noid. Now,  the fact that he drove to the store, coupled with the fact he felt it so important to tell me he was a Noid, must mean that he's from Noi or some such place I've never heard of, and that it is a pretty far drive to our store. Of course, I didn't want to tell him I had no idea where Noi was, or whatever the name of the place is that Noids come from, so I just nodded, apologized and suggested he call next time before making the drive. At one point he said he really was a Noid, like I didn't believe him or something. I'll admit, he didn't seem really happy about the fact that he was a Noid, so I wonder if all Noids are as grumpy as he was. If so, I don't think I want to visit.

32 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I don't know, but I was talking to a guy at the store last night, and he said he came for a specific item that we didn't have, and that he was a Noid. Now,  the fact that he drove to the store, coupled with the fact he felt it so important to tell me he was a Noid, must mean that he's from Noi or some such place I've never heard of, and that it is a pretty far drive to our store. Of course, I didn't want to tell him I had no idea where Noi was, or whatever the name of the place is that Noids come from, so I just nodded, apologized and suggested he call next time before making the drive. At one point he said he really was a Noid, like I didn't believe him or something. I'll admit, he didn't seem really happy about the fact that he was a Noid, so I wonder if all Noids are as grumpy as he was. If so, I don't think I want to visit.

Did he look anything like this guy?

Archived